Wanted to check on something from SCAG

• Adventurer

Howdy Everyone!

Just so I don't make something that may not be allowed, I wanted to double check on something.

So the SCAG has a few race options, most seeming to be sub-races. I namely noticed Duergar, Deep Gnomes, Half-Elf Variants and Tiefling Variants. The latter is what I'm mainly concerned with, where you can take a +2 DEX/+1 INT instead of +2 CHA/+1 INT and being able to swap out the Infernal Legacy trait for a few different options.

To get to the point, are these allowed? I've read the Multiverse Conventions top-to-bottom, the only thing regarding race was under Article 4 talking about if the world you're playing in doesn't have your characters race in it.

Rather than assuming that if the book itself is allowed then everything in it is as well, I wanted to double check on all of this :). I suppose the question could extend to the class options too.

Edit: It seems there might have been confusion on just what was in the conventions file? It had listed everything except for Volo's Guide To Everything, which is why I was confused in the first place D:

• Judge

@cawilliams AFAIK the MV conventions have been loosely adhered to for some time now. In the beginning we only intended on the core books being allowed. Period. I think, at some point, people started doing whatever they want. It probably depends on who is your DM.

• Board Member

@judge_john Hey John, that's not the case. The conventions are being followed, and anyone not following them should be reported so that we can correct the GM in question.

• @jonathan-meadows said in Wanted to check on something from SCAG:

@judge_john Hey John, that's not the case. The conventions are being followed, and anyone not following them should be reported so that we can correct the GM in question.

Thanks for that clarification, @Jonathan-Meadows.

• Judge

@jonathan-meadows said in Wanted to check on something from SCAG:

Sorry I misspoke. So are the extra options fair game now?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.