Reconstructing the Lion in Lapis Lazuli

• To reconstruct the Lion in Lapis Lazuli, you must be a spellcaster with at least two 5th-level spell slots.

The process also requires spending 3,000 GP on eldritch powders, unguents, and materials that are consumed in the process. If the process must be restarted, these materials must be purchased again. Reconstructing the lion requires dedicating 60 downtime days and the creator must make a DC 15 Arcana (Int) throw at the 15th, 30th, and 45th day. A failure of any of these checks means that you have messed up the process and it must disassemble the lion and start over (failing on the 45th day can be upsetting, to say the least).

Note: this check should be made in front of a Multiverse DM, preferably me, and tallied.

If you have an assistant (a spellcaster with at least two 3rd-level spell slots), you may take advantage on these throws. An assistant can be another PC (though they must spend downtime days) or you can hire one in Izuz for 2,500 GP per 15 day segment of research and construction.

Once reconstructed, the lion obeys its creator. When its creator is on hand to command it, it performs flawlessly. If it is left without instructions or is incapacitated, it continues to follow its last orders to the best of its ability. When it can't fulfill its orders, it might react violently - or stand and do nothing. If the lion has been given conflicting orders sometimes alternates between them. The lion can't think or act for itself. Though it understands its commands perfectly, it has no grasp of language beyond that understanding, and can't be reasoned with or tricked with words.

The Lion's stats are as follows:

Lion in Lapis Lazuli

Large construct

Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
    Hit Points 44 (4d10 + 4)
    Speed 50 ft.

STR 18 (+4) DEX 15 (+2) CON 13 (+1) INT 3 (-4) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 1 (-5)

Skills Insight +4, Perception +4
    Damage Vulnerabilities psychic, thunder
    Damage Resistances piercing and slashing weapons
    Damage Immunities fire, poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren't adamantine
    Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
    Senses darkvision 120’, passive Perception 14

Brittle Movement. The lion in lapis lazuli gets disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks to move quietly whenever its glass claws would grate on the floor.

Pounce. If the lion moves at least 20’ straight toward a creature and then hits it with a claw attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the lion can make one bite attack against it as a bonus action.

Running Leap. With a 10’ running start, the lion can long jump up to 25’.

Magic Resistance. The lion in lapis lazuli has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

Magic Weapons. The lion in lapis lazuli attacks are magical.

Actions

Multiattack. The lion in lapis lazuli makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.

Bite. Melee Attack: +7, 1d8 + 4 piercing damage.

Claw. Melee Attack: +7, 1d6 + 4 slashing damage.

• Adventurer

Nice!!!! I think i know where all your gold and down time will be going for awhile! Lol

• @Reuben
    I have the downtime stacked up, and the gold.. so long as I don't fail the first time haha

• @RinFaust said in Reconstructing the Lion in Lapis Lazuli:

@Reuben
    I have the downtime stacked up, and the gold.. so long as I don't fail the first time haha

I'm looking into a dice roller for the forum so we can just roll here if we need to also.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.