Quick Questions About Slur

• Judge

Hey all. I'm running a 5e game at SYR on Sunday. It's been a few months since I've run at a Slur so I wanted to check a few things.

The meetup invite said 4-6, is that correct? In the past I've gone til 7:00 or 7:30. Just checking so i can plan the length of my game.

Do we still do the thing where each table has a designated time to hit up the food trucks to reduce lines, or is it more of a free for all now? (The last time i ran it was more the latter, just want to make sure I'm doing it right so everything goes smoothly for everyone).

Thanks!

• Apocalypse Martian Judge

@tonym said in Quick Questions About Slur:

The meetup invite said 4-6, is that correct?

As far as I know, that's an error. Unless something has changed, SYR is usually 4-8. @Jonathan-Meadows or @Justin can correct me.

Last time I GM'd it was also a free-for-all, which I thought sucked and really took more than time than table order. But, that's not my call anymore. I'd voice your feedback if you thought the table timing method was better.

• Board Member

@TonyM, thanks for the heads up, I have fixed the time on the Meetup event. When I was creating it, the new interface was giving me some issues so I had to put the information in several times. I'd say something got screwed up the last time I added the data in.

In regards to the food truck, I agree with @mike. We lost a lot of control unfortunately when Kaiju started making us use their truck. You have to order food from the bar now, not the truck, and we don't have a lot of control over when the truck sets up. Typically I think it's open all day now. @Mike, I think the last time you were at Slur, the food truck actually ran out of food, and a lot of people were unhappy about that. It sucks that we don't really have control over the menu or the truck like we did in the past. It was easier to plan breaks and send people by table.

I guess the benefit is, a lot of times they'll deliver the food right to the table. You can order at the bar and I often see the food delivered inside so players aren't waiting around when they could be gaming.

@jonathan-meadows said in Quick Questions About Slur:

@Mike, I think the last time you were at Slur, the food truck actually ran out of food, and a lot of people were unhappy about that. It sucks that we don't really have control over the menu or the truck like we did in the past. It was easier to plan breaks and send people by table.

I totally forgot about that. Good point.

I didn't know they delivered to the table. That's kind of cool. I wonder if table #s would make that even better?

• Board Member

@mike Yeah, I just about always have table numbers. The last Slur you made it to I was under the weather and I didn't put them together.

They don't always deliver to the table, I think it's just something they do when they aren't slammed since it's just one guy. I'd love it if it was every order, but I am going to talk to John about some kind of notification system so it doesn't interrupt games and anyone who orders can go out and get the food when it's ready if they can't deliver it in.

@jonathan-meadows Good idea.

Users

Topics