RPGA, any former members?

• So, I was sorting out a box of toys, separating the non-LEGOs from the LEGOs, so my nieces could play while they were in town. I scored an old Obi-Wan and Luke from the old days and a Transformers Sideswipe figure, but also this pin:
    0_1527458176585_IMG_20180527_175405.jpg

Anyone else used to be a member of the RPGA? I think I was for a few years in the early-mid 90s. Anyway, it cracked me up and figured others might get a kick out of it.

:)

• I was an RPGA member in the early 80s. A buddy and I went to Gencon at UW Parkside and won a one-year membership by competing in a D&D Tournament in 1981. We definitely came back fired up to get our group better organized after that. We had Tees printed with our character's names on them and our group's name 'The Players Guild' on the back Some great fun.

• Apocalypse Martian Judge

@fergus said in RPGA, any former members?:

I was an RPGA member in the early 80s. A buddy and I went to Gencon at UW Parkside and won a one-year membership by competing in a D&D Tournament in 1981. We definitely came back fired up to get our group better organized after that. We had Tees printed with our character's names on them and our group's name 'The Players Guild' on the back Some great fun.

T-shirts with the names sounds fun. My group would have to reprint often because of character death.

Kalidor
    Lornak
    Onan
    Bob the Fighter

Heh.

• @mike
    @mike said in RPGA, any former members?:

I was an RPGA member in the early 80s. A buddy and I went to Gencon at UW Parkside and won a one-year membership by competing in a D&D Tournament in 1981. We definitely came back fired up to get our group better organized after that. We had Tees printed with our character's names on them and our group's name 'The Players Guild' on the back Some great fun.

T-shirts with the names sounds fun. My group would have to reprint often because of character death.

Kalidor
    Lornak
    Onan
    Bob the Fighter

Heh

Mike, We had played for several years, so most had a mature character. We each just chose our favorite character or roll, (mine said DM). Back then, everyone had a couple of characters they used. Dungeon parties with henchmen and hirelings looked more like invasions a lot of time back then, so while folks died often enough a raise dead was usually available (the old chart for reincarnation was not something anyone relished rolling on so that was avoided when possible.)

• Apocalypse Martian Judge

@mike
    @mike said in RPGA, any former members?:

Kalidor
    Lornak
    Onan
    Bob the Fighter

Heh

Mike, We had played for several years, so most had a mature character. We each just chose our favorite character or roll, (mine said DM). Back then, everyone had a couple of characters they used. Dungeon parties with henchmen and hirelings looked more like invasions a lot of time back then, so while folks died often enough a raise dead was usually available (the old chart for reincarnation was not something anyone relished rolling on so that was avoided when possible.)

That's true. Once you get to like 4th+ level the deaths taper off dramatically and access to magic revivification can bring people back.

Users

Topics