Louisville Royals - Derby City Armored Combat

• Knight Fauxrunner Scyther

Would you like to know more? Who wouldn't!

Ever wondered what combat was like in brigandine armor, plate armor, or a mixture of?

It's like D&D LARP that takes out the RP and is heavy on the LA.

There are teams that compete in chapter and regional matches.
    There are multiple events. Several types of duels which are skill and point based. Then there are the melees which are 3-3 or more.

The local team currently practices at a teammates house and all costs fees are on the team members. The good news is that you could get into an introductory suit of armor for about $2k!

• Judge

So, this is basically fighting in armor? Is there a website? Tell me more.

You can look up our team on Facebook;
    Louisville Royals - Armored Combat League

ACL Knights

WDRB Article on Slugfest 2

It is basically combat in armor, but it all must be based on something historical; period and region specific.

• Judge

Uhhhhh. Is this guy part of the league? Or, just axe murderer bystander?

0_1532623789450_Fallon Invoice.png

@mike said in Louisville Royals - Armored Combat League:

Uhhhhh. Is this guy part of the league? Or, just axe murderer bystander?

0_1532623789450_Fallon Invoice.png

Lol, that's Roman standing by an extra weapon.
    So, one of the rules is that if you don't have a weapon, you can't do anything offensive. So, during practice (or exhibition) people stand by with extra weapons to keep the sessions going.

The guy speaking, Ricky, is the the teams leader (unofficially?). In the video, that's in Sherman's backyard where there's an actual arena set up.

We have open practices on Sundays at 330pm. If anyone wants to come check it out, message me.

The ACL is being debuted on the History Channels Knights Fights. It airs on Wednesday, January 23rd at 9pm.

Molly Malone's is hosting a debut party and many of the local ACL fighters will be there, along with some in armor for some show and tell.

So, if you want to see some modern Knights and/or watch some Knights fights out on a Wednesday evening, come and join us. If that isn't your scene, please still support us and watch it in the comfort of your own home.

• Judge

This sounds awesome. Is it the local folks that will be on the show?

@Mike said in Louisville Royals - Armored Combat League:

Not yet, but I've heard rumors that the History Channel is already in the talks about regional series. So, local folks could appear on future seasons of the current show or on spinoffs if it grows.

• Judge

@Aaron said in Louisville Royals - Armored Combat League:

@Mike said in Louisville Royals - Armored Combat League:

Not yet, but I've heard rumors that the History Channel is already in the talks about regional series. So, local folks could appear on future seasons of the current show or on spinoffs if it grows.

Sweet. I might try to swing by if I can and check it out.

There has been a recent change in our club. The ACL, as it was called when our club was established, is defunct. Since that dissolution, we took the club in a new direction and stood alone and carried on as an independent club. Our club is now Derby City Armored Combat, but the team name is still Louisville Royals.

As such, we are no longer limited by the previous organization. We have become more active in the local area Renaissance Fairs and the like. Our current 2 venues are the faire in Eminence, KY and the Rosenvolk German Medieval Festival in Ferdinand, IN. We hope to expand to more faires in the area (roughly 2 hour drive).

Where I am reaching out to Nerd Louisville is in this aspect; we would like to establish recurring events at local venues. This could be at game shops, pubs, gaming events, etc. If you are, or know anyone that might be, interested in this type of armored combat show, please contact me.

Thank you,
    Sir Lukefahr (Aaron) of Shively

Follow Nerd Louisville!

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics