Monster Hunters International Prelude Questions

• Hi everyone,

I need help. I have been asked to come up with prelude questions for our MHI game. Aside from as follows i am drawing a blank. Help please if you can.

a. Any family members/pets?
    b. What did you do for a living?
    c. What happened to make you aware that monsters are real?
    d. What was your run in with the MCB like?
    e. What made you decide to go to MHI hunter training?

Can you all help me?

• Judge

Let me know if you'd like a sub-forum for MHI-specific discussion.

• Here is two links for character questionaires. If you google rpg character questions or something similar you should be able to find more links.

• @mike that helped a lot thanks

• Judge

• There's also some pretty decent questions across all of the editions of Shadowrun.

It's not hard to find those, I believe there's actually a collection of them all together. Some of them probably won't work because of setting difference's.

I'll see if I can find a link.

• Judge

@earthjedi1 said in Monster Hunters International Prelude Questions:

a. Any family members/pets?
    b. What did you do for a living?
    c. What happened to make you aware that monsters are real?
    d. What was your run in with the MCB like?
    e. What made you decide to go to MHI hunter training?

I would frame the questions to produce more gameable material in the immediate sense. I'd be looking for situation and NPCs. Situation, meaning, something I can immediately push on to make a player act and NPCs who I can threaten or who can threaten the PC.

I'm assuming the game is about hunting monsters (Heh). Again, I have no idea about this game, so these questions might need to be reworded to make more sense.

Here are what my questions would be:

1. What monster are you hunting right now? Why?
    2. What monster do you have a vendetta against? Which family member or friend did they harm? How did they get away?
    3. When you realized monsters were real, who did you first tell about it? Why? How did you change?
    4. Who did you rely on during training to help you get through? Who wanted you to fail?
    5. Who is your rival at the MCB? Who do you trust?
    6. What is the thing you've given up since becoming a monster hunter? Which relationship has suffered?
    7. Where do you get your weapons / tools / ammo?
    8. Who fixes your vehicles / other equipment?

And so on.

• Well, I was wrong about it being a collection of the questions of the game. But this is the list I was thinking of and there are some good ones in there. Some probably don't apply outside of Shadowrun but the rest can be altered and used for just about anything.

Users

Topics