Maker Faire (9/16)
dmattingly last edited by dmattingly
Weekend of Making at FirstBuild next to the UofL campus.
• Maker Village, presented by Maker Faire Louisville (September 16)
◦ Who: Makers, students, families
◦ What: A family-friendly expo of makers and their projects in a festival atmosphere
◦ When: September 16, 11 am -7 pm
◦ Tickets: Free admission Sign up here
Maker Village Features:
· Food trucks - The Blue Crab, Bellamisso Italian, Cookie Cabin
· Lots of hands on exhibits from University of Louisville Knowledge in Development Lab, Rockem Sockem Robots, Louisville Free Public Library, United States Patent and Trademark Office, Whitefield Academy Rocks Robotics Team
◦ AMCC: Learn the latest 3-D printing techniques and see UofL’s engingeering teams, the Rocket Team and Racing Team.
◦ and enjoy Tie-dying, make a kazoo, make a screen printing t-shirt, play with robots and drones, learn to cut vinyl and see A Pruis Boat?
Hack the Home Mega Hackathon, presented by FirstBuild (September 15-16)
◦ Who: Makers, programmers, engineers, designers, techies—anyone who wants to have a hand in creating the next generation of ideas for the home.
◦ What: High-energy Hackathon where participants will create the next innovations for the home and compete for more than $10,000 in cash and prizes.
◦ When: September 15, 16
◦ Tickets: Tickets for the weekend are $5 for students; $10 for professionals; limited early-bird pricing may still be available
◦ Sponsors: Include Renesas, 3M, U.S. Steel, Samtec and more
◦ Learn more: https://firstbuild.com/blog/firstbuild-hackathon-faq/