True Detective Season 3

• Judge

Anyone watching True Detective season 3?

There's a D&D cameo for a book called "The Forests of Leng" which never existed. Kind of cool.

forests of leng.png

• I plan on catching it, but I'm slow and haven't been in a TV zone outside of hockey. We FINALLY finished The Terror (which was amazing and I'd highly recommend). But between this and Star Trek starting back up, I have to sort out the time to watch. Early reviews of this new season seem positive, which is very encouraging after season 2 being such a disappointment.

• I did see that. Kinda gave me a jolt, 'cause I was gaming back then, and the only hardbacks for D&D were the three core books. I noticed a lot of other anachronisms too, but then began to think of them as artifacts of the lead character's failing memory, so they began to bug me less.

They went to some effort to make that prop, and then show it to us directly, so i wonder if there's more to that.

• Judge

@Cosmic-J said in True Detective Season 3:

I did see that. Kinda gave me a jolt, 'cause I was gaming back then, and the only hardbacks for D&D were the three core books.

Now that I look closer it does look like a hardback. Originally, I thought it was one of those blue AD&D 2E books with the silvery lettering (like all the race books, equipment books, etc. they came out with).

@Cosmic-J said in True Detective Season 3:

They went to some effort to make that prop, and then show it to us directly, so i wonder if there's more to that.

Agreed! Let's hope so.

• Finally caught ep 1, and hopefully will watch ep 2 this evening with Deidre when she gets home. I'm quite optimistic this will be a nice return to form (D&D or not). :)

• Knight Apocalypse Martian

I didn't make it past the first episode of season two, but planning on watching this as soon as I have some free time. Feels a little Stranger Things-y, but whatever. I'll take what I can get.

Users

Topics