Gen Con 2019

• Anyone register yet?

Greg and I went 2-3 years ago using professional development funds and we got some great ideas for gaming in the classroom at the trade/educator day, but we also had a blast just hanging out of course.

It'd be pushing it to try to do it every year on the school's dime, but I'm doing it this year again.

Excited!

Pfaff, you going? Beers!

C

• Judge

I'll be tending to a newborn.

• That sounds remarkably reasonable. :)

• Knight Fauxrunner Judge

As of right now, I'm going. Running DCC as usual. I want to play a game if Twilight Imperium there also.

• @Judge_John Sweet, this has basically become your 'return to youth' solo vacation right? You might touch base with Greg and Nick as they're looking at AirBNBs. I bet they'd love to have you. Let's meet up and grab a beer - I'm sure our schedules will overlap as I rarely overbook at the con as the spectacle and hang time is more of a priority.

@sellanraa said in Gen Con 2019:

@Judge_John Sweet, this has basically become your 'return to youth' solo vacation right? You might touch base with Greg and Nick as they're looking at AirBNBs. I bet they'd love to have you. Let's meet up and grab a beer - I'm sure our schedules will overlap as I rarely overbook at the con as the spectacle and hang time is more of a priority.

Yeah, hopefully Gencon doesn't leave Indy anytime soon. I really want to go to North Texas or Garycon, but being right down the road from Gencon is too good to pass up.

I got an airbnb already. Trying to see who all else is able to come this year.

Are you going up Wed evening? or Thu morning?

• Wednesday super early because that's the educator/trade day.

My old roommate Chad, who you may have met from a few years ago goes to GaryCon every year and is constantly trying to get me to go. It'd be sweet and seems right up your alley with the old school vibes. If I recall it just doesn't fall very conveniently for me. What's in Texas? A new con?

It's weird that Indy has become so normal, I remember being cranky about the change when it happened, but it became pretty apparent that the infrastructure is really well suited for hosting, especially as it's gotten huge.

If you need roomies, you might touch base with Greg and/or Nick about it. I can PM you their phone numbers if you'd like.

What's in Texas? A new con?

North Texas RPG Con. It's in Dallas/Fort Worth in the summer, instead of Lake Geneva in the middle of the winter.

If you need roomies, you might touch base with Greg and/or Nick about it. I can PM you their phone numbers if you'd like.

Maybe, I have a queue to sort through first.

• I'll be there, have a couple of different crews that have been going every year for a few years now.

• Dungeon Master

I'll be there, most likely helping out GameScience at their booth. This will be my ninth year at the show.

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics