Dune

• Knight Fauxrunner Judge

Anyone else excited about the new Dune movie? I love Dune. I haven't read any of the books past the first one. I intend on reading Dune:Messiah at some point but haven't had the time.

I have high hopes for this new movie. The cast is absolutely stacked with good actors.

What do you think?

• Knight Apocalypse Martian

I love Dune, but I'm not holding my breath. I was stoked about Conan and that was a hot garbage mess. Also starring Jason Momoa. :|

• The Dune books go south after a few volumes. Just my personal opinion. But I'm super excited for the new Dune flick. After all, I have a personal vendetta with David Lynch because of how he handled the material (sorry Twin Peaks nerds).

• Judge

I need to read the first Dune book. I still have never read it.

There's supposed to be an amazing Dune board game out there that is hard to find, but exceptional in mimicking the faction play in Dune.

• Knight Fauxrunner Judge

@Mike said in Dune:

There's supposed to be an amazing Dune board game out there that is hard to find, but exceptional in mimicking the faction play in Dune.

You want to borrow it? The book that is.

• Judge

@Salyer said in Dune:

@Mike said in Dune:

I have it on my Kindle. Just waiting for the right time to read it. Maybe on baby leave.

• Yeah, I'm stoked. Denis Villeneuve is directing, so I expect a lot of visual world-building, which I'm all about. I do expect it to be a bit... slow... but w/ so many characters and so much plot, it likely won't feel as slow as Blade Runner 2049.

My understanding about the Dune board game is that it's getting a reprint this summer, so I've been looking forward to that as well.

Good times to be a nerd.

• Judge

@Cosmic-J said in Dune:

My understanding about the Dune board game is that it's getting a reprint this summer, so I've been looking forward to that as well.

Good times to be a nerd.

ooooooh This is good news indeed!

• Knight Apocalypse Martian

@Mike said in Dune:

@Salyer said in Dune:

@Mike said in Dune:

I have it on my Kindle. Just waiting for the right time to read it. Maybe on baby leave.

Oh, shit. That's cute. You think you're going to have time to read. Haha!

• Judge

@no1raddad said in Dune:

@Mike said in Dune:

@Salyer said in Dune:

@Mike said in Dune:

Oh, shit. That's cute. You think you're going to have time to read. Haha!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: One can dream!

Follow Nerd Louisville!

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics