Day 2!

• Judge

The crowd is more hotly anticipating the jousts of the day, as these jousts will begin to eliminate knights from the tourney and drive toward a final champion! @Knights-of-the-Five-Kingdoms

The Spring air is crisp and clean, if thin this high up on the mountains, something you've noticed in your horses' performances. The smell of crisped bacon and fresh manure fills the air. Soldiers and squires are grumbling awake after a night of revelry, immediately heading for the feeding lines and hair of the dog. Trumpets sound as the nobles make their way to the grandstands.

Let the games begin!

The first joust of the day will be the Winner's bracket. Sir Axell against Sir Gabriel. @Judge_John and @Gombar send me your first pass!

tourney-starpeak-round-1-4.png

• Knight Dark Islander Judge

• Judge

FIRST JOUST

Sir Gabriel and Sir Axell take the field for the first joust of the day. Both are in the winner's bracket and thus, a loss means that they will not be eliminated, only sent to the Loser's bracket.

Pass 1

• Sir Gabriel charges forward, steady seated, and aims his lance high at Sir Axell's helm. Sir Axell leans and the lance misses entirely! (Result: M, no points)

• Sir Axell rides hard leaning left and aims chief pale. It strikes hard against Sir Gabriel's shield splintering the lance! (Result: B, +1 points)

The first pass goes to Axell, but there will be more! The crowd cheers!

1st Pass Scoring

Sir Axell: 1 point
    Sir Gabriel: 0 points

Sir Axell, you broke your lance and must ride Steady Seated on pass two!

@Gombar and @Salyer send me your second pass AP/DP!

• Judge

A cousin of Lord Dalton's is shouting from the grandstands.

Sir Axell! As I said, no unhorsing! Ha! I'll be by your tent later to collect my coin!

• Knight Dark Islander Judge

Sir Axel grabs a lance from William of Rosewood, ignoring the mocking jabs of Douchey Larue.

• Judge

Wheeling round, the two knights return to the starting line.

Pass 2

• Sir Gabriel charges forward again, the smallfolk uproariously cheering. This time he leans left and aims fess pale, knowing Sir Axell will be steady seated. His lance strikes Sir Axell dead on and his lance splinters! For a moment, Sir Axell appears as if he will tumble from his saddle but somehow he maintains his composure and keeps his seat! Wow! The cheers for the Champion of Winterhaven erupt! (Result: B, +1 point)

• Sir Axell, riding steady seated after a broken lance, aims chief pale again. His lance hits Sir Gabriel's shield but merely glances off! (Result: G, +0 points)

Sir Gabriel ties the match at 1-to-1! This is a match of champions, folks, and will go to the final pass to determine the winner! Truly a winner's bracket joust!

2nd Pass Scoring

Sir Axell: 1 point
    Sir Gabriel: 1 point

Sir Gabriel, you broke your lance and must ride Steady Seated on pass three!

@Gombar and @Salyer send me your final pass AP/DP!

• Judge

It's a third pass for the two winners' bracket challengers. Who will win?!

The crowd are all on their feet, even the lords and ladies in the boxes, as Sir Axell and Sir Gabriel wheel round for their final pass...

HERE WE GO!

Pass 3

• Sir Gabriel snatches up a new lance and drives his destrier hard forward. He is seated steady and aiming sinister fess. His lance strikes toward Sir Axell but merely glances off his shield! (Result: G, 0 points)

• Sir Axell gets a jump on Sir Gabriel and charges forward, shield low and aiming high toward the helm. His lance strikes Sir Gabriel right in the face and lifts his helm up. Sir Gabriel is discombobulated and though he tries to keep his seat, he tumbles off his mount! (Result: H/U, +4 points)

Sir Axell wins the joust by unhorsing! The crowd goes wild! The Champion of Winterhaven remains undefeated and advances in the Winners' Bracket!

Final Scoring

Sir Axell: 5 points
    Sir Gabriel: 1 point

Sir Gabriel, you will proceed into the losers bracket. For this joust, you need not ransom your horse or armor. The next loss means you are eliminated from the tourney.

Congratulations to Sir Axell, you move on into the winners bracket with a victory and secure a handy position ahead in the bracket and with zero losses thus far, which means you can lose twice still before being eliminated!

• Judge

Sir Albrecht @no1raddad and Sir Ganuf @Aaron you are up next! Send me your first pass AP/DP!

A reminder, the loser of this joust will be eliminated and must ransom their horse and armor! In fact, everyone who now loses, except for Sir Axell, will be eliminated and must ransom. DO YOUR BEST! AND, MAY THE THREE BE WITH YOU!

THE FUN TRULY BEGINS NOW!

tourney-starpeak-round-2-1.png

• Judge

Posting results soon. This next one was a little more complicated.

• Judge

SECOND JOUST

Sir Ganuf and Sir Albrecht take the field for the second joust of the day, the first match of the loser's bracket.

Pass 1

• Sir Ganuf charges forward, shield low, and aims his lance chief pale. Sir Albrecht leans right into the lance. He is struck in the chest by Sir Ganuf's lance! Sir Albrecht cannot maintain his seat and falls to the turf! (Result: U, +3 points)

• Sir Albrecht rides hard leaning right and aims chief pale. It strikes hard against Sir Ganuf's shield forcing him to nearly lose his balance, but he maintains his seat! (Result: Failed unhorsing, +0 points)

Sir Ganuf wins the tilt by unhorsing Sir Albrecht!

1st Pass Scoring

Sir Ganuf: 3 points
    Sir Albrecht: 0 points

Condolences to Sir Albrecht, you owe Sir Ganuf 550 gp or must forfeit your horse and armor (Full Plate and Heavy Warhorse). May your quest rewards assist with the burden!

Congratulations to Sir Ganuf, you have eliminated Sir Albrecht from the tourney! You gain 550 XP and Sir Albrecht's armor, and horse unless he can pay you the 550 gp (you may sell for 550 gp).

You also move on in the tournament!

• Judge

Sir Ulfryk @westlemania639 and Sir Edwyn @edpfaff, you're up! Send me your AP/DP for the first pass!

Also, y'all don't forget if you have to make a saving throw to add your modifiers:

+Wisdom
    +Horse type
    +Saddle

tourney-starpeak-round-2-2.png

• Judge

THIRD JOUST

Sir Edwyn and Sir Ulfryk take the field for the third joust of the day, the second match of the loser's bracket.

Pass 1

• Sir Edwyn charges forward aiming base and with shield low. His lance merely glances off of Sir Ulfryk's shield! (Result: G, +0 points)

• Sir Ulfryk rides hard leaning right and aims fess pale. It strikes hard against Sir Edwyn's shield shattering into a thousand pieces! (Result: Broken Lance, +1 points)

The crowd cheers! Sir Ulfryk takes the lead in the first pass.

1st Pass Scoring

Sir Ulfryk: 1 points
    Sir Edwyn: 0 points

Sir Ulfryk, you must ride Steady Seated the next pass.

@edpfaff and @westlemania639 send me your next AP/DP!

• Knight Apocalypse Martian

Albrecht stands and salutes Ganuf, "Keep them. May they serve you better." He then skulks off the field.

• Judge

Hey guys, pretty swamped with real life stuff, but will try to get to this ASAP.

• Judge

Life starting to get back to normal. Will have post up soon!

• Knight Dark Islander Scyther

I'll be basically offline until Sunday evening, just in case anything comes up.

Users

Topics