Nerdlouvia 2019

• Judge

Set your reminders: tickets go on sale Sept. 7th!

My-Post-17.png

• People should spend some time researching Torchbearer. I have submitted two sessions I'll be running:

1. After a bloody raid at a nearby steading, the lone survivor hires you to recover the bodies of his brother and father. Yet, whispers of a curse echo through the tavern. Will you answer the promise of treasure and riches or will you investigate the mysterious threat lurking by the Well at the Golden Springs?

2. Deep in the Nidfjoll Mountains lies the Shrine to the Saints of Aurum. Many adventurers have failed to return from exploring this shrine. Rumors of great treasure abound, as do rumors of the malevolent spirit of a former priest who haunts the halls looking for what was stolen.

Torchbearer is an old school inspired game from the makers of Burning Wheel and Mouse Guard with a focus on resource management and the physical and emotional toll of being in dark, dangerous places. Decisions feel weighty because you’re under the pressure of scarce time and resources. You’re not a hero, you’re an adventurer that’s trying to survive.

Woot!

• Judge

@sellanraa what times did you schedule to run? I'll try not to run during those times.

• Friday 7-11 and Saturday 2-6. Book it!

• Judge

I might be able to do Saturday. I just signed up to run Friday.

Here’s my schedule:

Apocalypse World: Burned Over (Friday 7-11pm)

Fifty years ago, out of fear and hatred, they set fire to the world. No one knows exactly how or why. People are still around, of course, scavenging the ashes of what's left. You are the few with any drive or vision to make something of the remains of the world. But, there's a psychic maelstrom corrupting and manipulating people, and rival warlords vying for your water, food, and fuel, and things keep breaking, and Rolfball has been exiled but you heard he's come back, knocking at the gates with some sort of magic from the Golden Age. What will you do? Play to find out.

Apocalypse World is character-driven, high-action and cinematic roleplaying in a post-apocalyptic setting ala Mad Max, Book of Eli, etc.

Style: Adult themes and interactions. Lots of triggers. Not for the faint of heart.

For 3-5 players.

D&D: Operation Unfathomable (Saturday 7-11pm)

A swords and sorcery adventure for 1st level characters [pre-gens provided] set against -- ahem -- unfathomable odds. The Sorcerer-King's son has stolen a powerful relic and entered the Underworld with a battalion of men. A lone survivor, white-haired and driven mad, has returned with horrific tales of titanic chaos godlings, unsavory cults, cosmic reality-bending magic, and... unionized dwarfs. This epic adventure will require quick wits and quicker feet. Can you delve into the Underworld and indebt the Sorcerer-King to you? Or, will you join the heaps of forgotten corpses deep underground? Play to find out!

Style: Laid back. Fast paced. Beer & Pretzels. Comedic D&D. Bring a beer for the DM to get a starting magical item or two.

For 5-10 players.

The King is Dead (Sunday 2-6pm)

Fight with your friends, fall in love with your enemies, and seize the crown! The king of Banteave, Eyvard III, high prince of House Dillestone and Sovereign of the Seaward Coast, has died without heir. Civil war is certain.

You’re a young warrior prince or warrior princess of one of the royal houses of Banteave. You’re caught up in this looming war of succession. To see your house exalted, you’ll have to fight and scheme, allying with your rivals and betraying your friends, falling in love with your enemies, daring danger, adventure, romance, and war. You were born for this.

Style: GM-less parlor game. Drama. Romance. Intrigue. There's no dungeons. Or, dragons.

For 3-5 players (I will play if there is space, otherwise I will simply teach.)

• Oh shit, I guess I should have a cap to number of players. Oops.

• Judge

@sellanraa said in Nerdlouvia 2019:

Oh shit, I guess I should have a cap to number of players. Oops.

@Jonathan-Meadows said it defaults to 6, so let him know if you want varying numbers.

• Judge

Tickets are on sale today! Make sure you download the Sched app and register for your games!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Judge

@Jonathan-Meadows how does the Waitlist work? If people unregister the waitlist people are automatically added to the players list?

• @Mike Yes, it's my understanding that is how it works.

• Judge

@sellanraa sadly your game is same slot as @Salyer’s annual Apocalypse Louisville game that I’ve played in every year. You may have to run a side thing of TB for me.

• Judge

@Mike said in Nerdlouvia 2019:

@sellanraa sadly your game is same slot as @Salyer’s annual Apocalypse Louisville game that I’ve played in every year. You may have to run a side thing of TB for me.

Nvm I see he has a morning session I’ll jump in!

• Or you could always jump in the 2x a month campaign that is brewing... :) .

• Judge

@sellanraa said in Nerdlouvia 2019:

Or you could always jump in the 2x a month campaign that is brewing... :) .

That is a commitment I can't make at this time!

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics