What's everyone currently playing?

• Judge

Tell us about your roleplaying campaigns or board games you've been playing a lot. I see a lot of games getting off the ground and there has been talk about just D&D being played. I'm curious what everyone is currently or recently been playing.

This is your chance to tell us about your campaign without everyone groaning inside!

• You know what I'm running/playing.

About 2x a month, I play Torchbearer online Roll20/Discord and have for over 2 years now with a great crew of dudes. We're entering our third campaign. Honestly, both of the ones we've left in the dust I wish we could stick with. We're doing a bit more sandbox of a world and it isn't particularly interesting to me, but I love the guys and I've treasured the consistent game since it's been years since I've had one.

Then I just started an in-person Torchbearer game too with a couple buddies from the hardcore/punk scene who have gamed for many years, but I've never actually done it with them. Lusky jumped in too. Session 0 was character creation, session 1 was 2 weeks ago, and session 2 is on Thursday. It's set in the Middarmark, a Norse inspired setting, and they're trying to gather elven baubles from a crypt. An old wizard, 'Alfheim' Oddur, needs some new merchandise to hustle with and this could be his big score. Think in the vein of a Wild West huckster selling Native artifacts to people fascinated with an 'exotic' culture. He's recruited a couple younger adventurers to help him with promise of treasure and glory, a young Gott cleric named Thorik Ragnarsson who follows the will and the whims of his gods (so far Lusky has already done a great job summoning the fatalistic vibes) and Isa Borg, a young peasant who is trying to scrounge enough money to reclaim her parents' farm from a local noble who took control. We're trying to play 2x a month as well, with a ranked choice of Thursday --> Friday --> Saturday...so far we've managed to meet on Thursdays only, but I'm hoping that flexible scheduling will allow the campaign to last awhile if they enjoy Torchbearer and are patient with my rough GM skills.

C

• I am just about to start up a Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign. Just finished up a year-long Savage Worlds Star Wars campaign.

• Judge

@Jonathan-Meadows said in What's everyone currently playing?:

I am just about to start up a Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign.

I was thinking about running this soon. I've run it twice already; once with CoC and once with Eberron (this was awesome).

• Judge

@sellanraa said in What's everyone currently playing?:

Then I just started an in-person Torchbearer game too with a couple buddies from the hardcore/punk scene who have gamed for many years, but I've never actually done it with them. Lusky jumped in too. Session 0 was character creation, session 1 was 2 weeks ago, and session 2 is on Thursday.

Y'all still rocking this game?

• @Mike it appears to be dead in the water. :( I had high hopes too. The dream remains though!

Follow Nerd Louisville!

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics