Fallout 4

• I got it. Played it for about 30 minutes. But, haven't had the desire to go back. What's up? Where do I need to go to get hooked?

• Nerd Volunteer

50 hours invested and I couldn't tell you. Make sure to hit the city and start the Synth storyline. The main story about your kid isn't that interesting

• @B-Stettenbenz said in Fallout 4:

50 hours invested and I couldn't tell you. Make sure to hit the city and start the Synth storyline. The main story about your kid isn't that interesting

Is that Diamond City?

• Yeah it is, once you meet the detective it starts.

Personally for me the game was an incredible let down coming off New Vegas. The new settlement systems never clicked for me and felt tacked on. The three factions were all terrible options and felt incredibly flat. The writing was also just not there compared to New Vegas, but that can be attributed to Obsidian being incredible.
    And the bugs, oh god the bugs.

• @Dylan said in Fallout 4:

Yeah it is, once you meet the detective it starts.

Personally for me the game was an incredible let down coming off New Vegas. The new settlement systems never clicked for me and felt tacked on. The three factions were all terrible options and felt incredibly flat. The writing was also just not there compared to New Vegas, but that can be attributed to Obsidian being incredible.
    And the bugs, oh god the bugs.

Yeah, dude, that's sort of how I'm feeling. Nothing in the game thus far has really hooked me. And, the novelty of the open world isn't enough to stand on its own.

• Board Member

Fallout Frost was probably the most compelling way to play the game. Extreme survival, tough enemies, hunger and radiation draining your resources and abilities constantly. Highly recommended.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/?

• @swoooo said in Fallout 4:

Fallout Frost was probably the most compelling way to play the game. Extreme survival, tough enemies, hunger and radiation draining your resources and abilities constantly. Highly recommended.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/?

I'll see if this mod is on Xbox One! Thanks!

• @Mike

Head East from Sanctuary and don't stop till you kill something gargantuan. Fuck settlements and trading.

Survival Mode makes it much more fun. Get the mod that inflates all the tits and stuffs a cucumber down all the dudes pants.

• I've got 700 hours in Fallout 4. The main story sucks but the gameplay overall is pretty good - I like the gunplay and there's a ton of stuff to explore. I really enjoyed the Nuka World DLC and it lets you roleplay a little bit, which the vanilla game consciously discourages.

In general I say just mod the hell out of it, which is what makes Bethesda games truly great.

In the alternative, just play Fallout New Vegas.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.