Experience Points

• I will be doing experience points differently fornthis campaign. If you are familiar with Apocalypse World or any of the hacks for that game this will be familiar. Here is a link to the google doc. I have printed copies of this for everyone to keep and track your progress.

• So the wizard level stuff seems tricky. I'd imagine it'll make more sense, but do I have the capability of making magic items at 1st level? And how can I learn a new spell without leveling up? Would that be from finding spell books in the course of adventure? It seems like the last option 'highest possible result on a spell check' would be most likely, but also highly unlikely. Care to explain?

Thanks John!

• @sellanraa said in Experience Points:

So the wizard level stuff seems tricky. I'd imagine it'll make more sense, but do I have the capability of making magic items at 1st level? And how can I learn a new spell without leveling up? Would that be from finding spell books in the course of adventure? It seems like the last option 'highest possible result on a spell check' would be most likely, but also highly unlikely. Care to explain?

Thanks John!

Making Items at first level won't be possible. Magic items are spells unto themselves in DCC, and they will require questing for the components. Those will be tricky.

Your character will have 'Survive the funnel' bubbled in and one bubble in 'Create a spellbook and learn a new spell'. You aren't going to get any more freebie spells. You will have to find them and add them to your spellbook.

You won't get all your XP from the Wizard list. That's in addition to the Adventure, Glory and Plunder lists.

• Ah ha, I guess I was so focused on the wizard specific stuff I didn't notice those other categories. Thanks John!

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.