Ol' Bitch Stuff

• I need to clear the air. I'm not pleased with how last night went down in regards to people leaving party members in compromising positions. There were a few moments of confusion then some bad decisions were made.

If you don't agree with something that is happening or think we should do something differently, Say Something. Don't let a task be assigned to you, think this is stupid then do something that compromises everyone.

Leaving us in a vulnerable position almost cost us all. If it had cost someone a character then we start getting into hurt feelings and revenge territory. We don't want that. I don't have time for that.

• As the DM, the last section of your post is what matters to me. We're here to have fun and if people start fucking each others' characters over, that's no fun. This is a cooperative game. As a player, leaving someone in compromising situations on purpose should be considered bad form.

• Merging this since it's more relevant here (for some reason there's a topic Fork but not Merge..., so I'll just do this manually.

@TomunistParty said in Fork:

@Mike
    Jorge and I were ambushed, Caster Troy took a spear to the chest. He took two harm and then we took up defensive positions. From our position we were still covering the rear, we just failed a surprise roll.

The Orcs mentioned they had "our friend" either this was a lie or they have Cromdar.

@Mike said in Fork:

@TomunistParty said in Session 3 - Boarmen, Blast Doors, and Demons, Oh My!:

@Mike
    Jorge and I were ambushed, Caster Troy took a spear to the chest. He took two harm and then we took up defensive positions. From our position we were still covering the rear, we just failed a surprise roll.

The Orcs mentioned they had "our friend" either this was a lie or they have Cromdar.

The orcs speaking about having a friend didn't happen until they got to the top of the passage (past you two) and were negotiating with Cade (he's the only one who might understand them). And, you were on the ledge before the orcs arrived. I remember because I had to retcon it initially because I thought you were at the end of the passage and you guys were like, "No, no we said we were on the ledge!"

I think the main issue was y'all were expected to be at the top of the passage and instead you went and found further positions away from the party and high up on a ledge where you couldn't provide a stopping / alerting force, which provided the orcs with the ability to get between the groups and cut off the remainder of the party.

• @Mike
    Dude, this isn't a petting zoo, its a mega dungeon. This whole place is full of compromising situation.

We never abandoned you, we didn't half ass this one because we didn't want to go down that pass. WE GOT FUCKED BY DICE YO!

Caster and I set up on the moon pool ledge because we were archers and it was defensible. We did this because it covered your rear. Now the orcs somehow knew you were down in mushroom village because they ambushed us and ran straight to cut you off (the loud mushrooms were the alarm).

Had we taken the less defensible position at the top of your passage we (caster and Alewood) would be dead. Hell we are both lucky to be alive anyway. I don't remember anyone rolling an attack roll against you. Im sorry you had to talk to orcs, im sure that was traumatic.

These situations are going to continue to happen. Its the best part of playing RPGs. Cade being all hostage negotiator was awesome.

• In defense of the DM, the orcs ran to the passage to take cover from arrows and then realized there were Men in both directions when the shrieking just suddenly stopped. Then sent most of their party toward the passage, the ledge with hiding dudes being less dangerous than the unknown shrieker cavern.

• @Mike
    I couldn't have known that.

• I assumed they used the shreikers as a trap

• @TomunistParty said in Ol' Bitch Stuff:

@Mike
    I couldn't have known that.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying them moving to the shrieker cavern wasn't unjustified "meta-gaming".

@TomunistParty said in Ol' Bitch Stuff:

I assumed they used the shreikers as a trap

They do.

• @Mike
    I wasn't addressing you, i just always reply to you @mike

• @TomunistParty said in Ol' Bitch Stuff:

@Mike
    I wasn't addressing you, i just always reply to you @mike

I know. I was just clarifying what went down in response to this sentence:

@TomunistParty said in Ol' Bitch Stuff:

Now the orcs somehow knew you were down in mushroom village because they ambushed us and ran straight to cut you off (the loud mushrooms were the alarm).

• @TomunistParty Do you think it was better for everyone that you guys stay near the cave entrance or move to the ledge? Where did the rest of us expect you to be?

• @Judge_John
    If you paid more attention you would have known where we were. It wasn't a secret. Also, you were leading, you had the most authority over the situation than anyone else. We had no orders so we did what we determined best to do.

In hindsight, yes, it was better for everyone. We all got out of that sitch alive. The alternative would be Cade negotiating with the orcs as they did weird sexual stuff to our dead bodies.

We all play differently, adapt or die.

• I think a lot of the disconnect here is lack of communication. It wasn't obvious (even to me) that y'all had moved up on the Moon Pool ledge. And, that caught everyone off guard (when it should have been obvious) and it escalated because the rest of the party was in a dire situation.

In the future, let's all just communicate a little better and keep that sort of thing in mind.

• @TomunistParty I was paying attention, but sometimes its difficult over your constant bleating. I had originally intended on just the Dwarves going down to investigate, then others wanted to go. We probably should've paused there and reassessed the situation.

• There was going to be two scenario one is exactly what we did take higher ground and hope to catch anything coming from the dungeon but like @TomunistParty said bad roll or scenario 2 we stood by the entrance and get kill trying to defend the opening where you guys where because regardless if we survive the first round of the attack you guys would not have made back to help us due to you guys having to climb back up.

But we all survive in the end

• We would've been able to get out to help you guys. We had ropes set up.

We did all survive. But we lost XP in the process.

What I'm saying is, what ya'll was fucked up. Things like that happening will set up a culture of resentment and revenge. I don't want that to happen. Tom's already acting like this is an episode of Survivor "adapt or die". Wtf?

• Wait, wait.

So much bullshit coming from @TomunistParty and @Gombar. Just admit: you went up on the ledge because you didn't want to be attacked alone.

Otherwise, recall there are TWO paths enemies could have come from: through the Moon Pool - the way the orcs came - or from the east from the Dwarven Entrance - which y'all had no visibility on around a corner and down a long passage that curved.

Imagine, a gelatinous cube (seen in the area before) is feasting on the remains of the two corpses you found the scrolls on. It hears shrieking, and alerted, starts making its way from the east to the fungus room.

Alewood and fucking Castor Troy would have NO FUCKING CLUE that was happening from their vantage point on the ledge above the Moon Pool.

Exhibit A: red path is orcs, blue path alternate enemy, yellow arrow Alewood & CT line of sight (and, y'all's map is EXTREMELY close to this - well done @JohnY )

0_1489771044517_exhibitA.JPG

Come on, dudes. Face it, y'all are buddy-fuckers.

Next time, why not just be like, "Don't leave us by ourselves up here! Leave another fighter with us."

• That was definitely not our intention. For example, we got fucked up by orcs. Are next action was going to be our last, but we stayed when we could have run. Hell Castor Troy left the ledge to get closer to the orcs. If we wanted to fuck you, we would have left.

A culture of resentment is born in the mind of the insecure. I harbor none. I accept players throwing open doors or fucking with some yellow powder.

You had a problem with what we were doing, then say it then, or right after the fact. Have an open assertive dialogue. Don't hold it in until you can put the post-it on the fridge.

• There was no sense in discussing it at the time. What was done was done. The discussion was about getting out of that situation.

Having a forum is good so we can go back and look at what happened in the light of day. And discuss things.

I'm not claiming perfection in all of this. I thought the plan was, the dwarfs go down and check out the cave. Next thing I know there are 4 of us down there, Castor and Mumbleyfuck have ran like bitches separating the party. I should have made the plan more clear but that doesn't mean everyone follows it.

• And if I recall there was a burst out outrage at the time. Then we moved on because everyone survived.

I see @Judge_John's point of view. I think he's saying:

That shit happened. It's over. In the future, let's be more cautious about how those kinds of situations are handled so we don't get to a point where we are fucking wachnover and holding vendettas (ironically, this was Tom and Jorge in last couple games - glad to see they finally bonded over pulling rear security!)

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.