Castor underground network

• Would like to see if Bonassias was able to infiltrate the fist

• @Gombar said in Castor underground network:

Would like to see if Bonassias was able to infiltrate the fist

You won't know until you can make it back to Muntburg.

• @Mike ok

• Castor agent

A woman, Bonassias, a Lawful (worships Caint) 0th level hoodlum ( STR: 11 INT: 12 WIS: 12 DEX: 15 CON: 12 CHA: 8 ) with 2 hit point(s) that carries a dagger, thieves tools, and a holy symbol.

Terms of employment:
    Pay 10 go per month

Half share if information bears fruit as if venturing

Half share if information bears fruit as if venturing

To clarify: if she provides details on a room that might have treasure and you do find some there, she gets a half share of it?

• @Mike yes, if the information she provides gets us treasure she will get her share as if she venture with us. So the more information she provide about the location the better chance for successes will befit all of us.

It's the standard henchman share

• @Mike also any addition information like about the dungeon or of the fist operation that is useful she could get bonus

• You might want to double check that it's cool before you start handing over treasure shares to people that aren't there.

• @Mike I guess I'll ask but I would think it would be cool because it helps out the DD but if they object then I would have rethink of what to do.

Does anyone have any objection about my deal with this henchman deal @TomunistParty @JohnY @Judge_John @Jackson @edpfaff

• I'm leery of a blanket share of the treasure and more inclined to "performance" based rewards for your snitch.

For example, if she tells you that there is a room off the western path of Mavors with 12 orcs in it guarding some treasure then I'm inclined to say "no" to a full share... we would have found that on our own and her intel wasn't very useful. However, if she finds out that the key to opening a certain secret door she has heard about is to piss on the symbol of Mavors (and this leads to a hidden treasure room) then I'm certainly up for rewarding her with a full share.

• @JohnY she will not receive a full share it will be the henchmen stander half share and information about specific creature in a room dose help a great deal. It give use time to prepare for our encounter. In the beginning the information might not be to useful but as she get in deeper the other venturing party the information will get better

And information like is see below

However, if she finds out that the key to opening a certain secret door she has heard about is to piss on the symbol of Mavors (and this leads to a hidden treasure room)

Has been clear but a room the other group did not go into because there are creature there and didn't go in is more useful

• I'm still not inclined to give her a share (but I'm open to a smaller reward) for information as generic as "there are some orcs down the western passage guarding some treasure", but I would give her a henchman's share for information such as "beware the fountain room near the factory... there is treasure at the bottom of the fountain, but anyone touching the water will be attacked by a Water Weird that guards it".

So... I vote "no" to a henchman's share of treasure unless it's really useful. I'll, of course, go along with the DD final vote.

• @JohnY the reason I say henchman share for just adventure we benefit due to her information is because they will not receive any other then the 10 gp stipend that I will pay from my personal account.

@JohnY the reason I say henchman share for just adventure we benefit due to her information is because they will not receive any other then the 10 gp stipend that I will pay from my personal account.

Henchman? I believe she is bargaining for a half share of the treasure, regardless of how specific or generic her info is.

• No, just have half share. Was the agreement I had with her which she accepted

No, just have half share. The warrior chick we hired is getting full share because she is a 1st lvl fighter and we really wanted her to help

Yeah, sorry I edited my last post while you were replying. Half share, correct. And I vote "no" for her intel always getting her a half share of whatever we find. See examples above.

• Also, just to clarify some confusion... you keep referring to the share as a Henchman's share, but henchmen always receive a full share, same as a regular party member.

• @JohnY said in Castor underground network:

Also, just to clarify some confusion... you keep referring to the share as a Henchman's share, but henchmen always receive a full share, same as a regular party member.

Yep. See definitions in the Bonding House thread.

Retainer is 1/2 share. Henchman is 1/1 share.

• @JohnY sorry I check and I got her for half share for her information so the way I saw which could been misinterpreted is if she give us information about a room possible treasure guard by monster (orc) if that room is empty she gets nothing (being fruitful) if there is treasure in said room she get her half share from the hual of the room. So if this is not on the same page @Mike and we have to renegotiate let's do that

• @Mike I saw when I look at it I was thinking the retainer and henchmen were the same

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.