Cade's Downtime Diversions

• Dungeon Master

Self conscious about his illiteracy in the nobler languages, but nonetheless curious to bursting about Azoth, Cade sets about getting together a safe (ish) experiment. He tries to procure:
    -A stray cat
    -A small cage
    -A sedative suitable for a cat, falling back to fermented milk if need be.

He knows that things could go south, and might be in need of some help, but is wary of the high handed morality of some of the other party members. He writes a note and leaves it under the door of Castor Troy:

MFCT,

Have pussy in room, need help with it. Bring weapons, maybe armor, may get frantic. Tonight during loud tavern singing.

Cade

His plan is to drug the cat, put it in the cage, and feed it a relative dose of Azoth and observe what happens, dispatching it with Castor Troy's help if necessary. He sets up a place to take quick notes, and waits impatiently.

@Gombar @Mike

• @Jackson Best note ever.

• Castor will knock on cade's door as soon as Cade open the door " Hey Cade, I'm here to help you with your pussy problem. There hasn't been a pussy Castor Troy can't handle" Rising up some manacles "she must be a wild one if you told me to come suited up. There only other girl that so wild that you would be a fool if you did come armor up Three-Toe Mary, Damn"

• How are you feeding it? A small dish of azoth?

• Dungeon Master

@Mike no I figured that once it was out or at least calm enough, I would get a hollow reed and draw some out, like the finger over the straw trick, and drop the contents into its mouth, holding its mouth shut to make sure it swallowed it.

• You do so and nothing seems to occur. The cat swallows the azoth and then licks its whiskers when you release it.

• Castor waits and see you do this with the cat and after you done he will come to you " I could have told you nothing was going to happen. I try it on a pig, I'm going to kill it here in a day or two to see what it did to the piggy inners. It was way easier to feed it too."

He walk over to a chair and sit down. " i met a young man in the tavern the other night, he said he knew quite a bit about this Azoth stuff and he's willing to trade info for a map. I was thinking about giving him the map we found on the dead body, what you think?"

• @Jackson Want to try something else?

• Dungeon Master

Can Cade make a saving throw versus bad decisions?

• Dungeon Master

@Gombar "It would seem a fair trade to me, but I'd want to keep the caverns separate from our stockpile of take information until we could make better encampments further in.". His eyes dart back and forth between the azoth and this too calm cat. "I heard of this wizard you met, did he mention something about a machine that raised skeletons through Eldritch means? Maybe the azoth was only meant to strengthen them."

• Dungeon Master

@Mike

Blinking away the victorious evening, Cade has what he hopes is a stroke of insight. He hurries down to the bazaar and buys a long, shallow bread dish and a bottle of ink. Back in his room, he puts some of the ink in the bread dish and rolls the mysterious cylindrical water skin in it. He then carefully rolls it, bottom to top, over a fresh sheet of parchment, transferring the engravings onto it. He hangs his handiwork up to dry, admiring it.

• @Jackson said in Cade's Downtime Diversions:

@Mike

Blinking away the victorious evening, Cade has what he hopes is a stroke of insight. He hurries down to the bazaar and buys a long, shallow bread dish and a bottle of ink. Back in his room, he puts some of the ink in the bread dish and rolls the mysterious cylindrical water skin in it. He then carefully rolls it, bottom to top, over a fresh sheet of parchment, transferring the engravings onto it. He hangs his handiwork up to dry, admiring it.

It dries, forming into a map.

0_1491418450231_secret cache.jpg

• Nice. I know Cade is eyeing that bottom, right corner....

• Dungeon Master

@Mike eff yeah it does.

• @Jackson said in Cade's Downtime Diversions:

@Mike eff yeah it does.

Well done, sir.

• Does anyone else see the feint outlines on the right side?

• @TomunistParty said in Cade's Downtime Diversions:

Does anyone else see the feint outlines on the right side?

Yes. The trianglar-shaped object (arrow?) leading from the small secret room.

• @JohnY
    I meant the left side. sorry.

• Dungeon Master

@Judge_John

Cade seeks out Earry and pins him down over a pint. He has a proposal.

“I'm hoping you can help me with a burning piece of curiosity that's just now been given an outlet. That broach of yours is quite the thing, and I'm certainly happy having it on you, if there's going to be a last man standing, err, dwarf, it might as well be you with that hammer.

The True Water at the Moon Pool theoretically has the ability to siphon magic of of such items that have limited uses. The broach would be a perfect item to test this on. The next time we are there together, with your permission, I'd like to try and pour some of the magic from the broach into a flask using the True Water. The resulting solution, if successful, would be yours to do with what you wish, of course. What say you, Master Dwarf?”

• @Jackson

MFCT,

Wizard you mentioned is a TT cultist. Sorry, was going to find you, got to drinking with the Dwarf. Was mistake, he's much bigger than I. Don't tell him anything. Can't be trusted, will let you know when I find out more.

Cade

P.S. Need advice on women, not same kind of help as last time. Meow.

Castor will knock on cade door as soon as the door opens he shows him the note " Is this true?!"

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.