Planning for Session 7

• @JohnY
    Damn, that base is expensive. Where are we putting it?

Time stasis room? Secret revolving door room? Chambers leading to the next level?

If we do find a use for the Azoth, we may want to discuss having someone barrel that stuff from the one room.

Question: What does the group suggest we do going forward?

1. head down to 2nd level
    2. check every nook and cranny on 1st level
    3. try to make a deal with the orcs to get the key (access) to 2nd level
    4. slay the remaining threats on 1st level (the orcs included)

post if you have other suggestions.

• @TomunistParty said in Double D's Community Chest:

Damn, that base is expensive. Where are we putting it?

Right now it's near the Shrine of Tyche. Essentially, you can use it to resupply and dump treasure until you're ready to return to camp / town. You might have missed that part showing up late last night.

You could always move it.

• @TomunistParty said in Double D's Community Chest:

head down to 2nd level
    check every nook and cranny on 1st level
    try to make a deal with the orcs to get the key (access) to 2nd level
    slay the remaining threats on 1st level (the orcs included)

post if you have other suggestions.

YES.

• Forked per @JohnY request.

• I'm bumping this so it doesn't get missed in the magical item debate. Next session is but a few days away! What is the agenda?

• Also, you guys have stationed two lone sentries inside Dwimmermount. This probably needs to be beefed up. A single patrol of orcs -- if they come upon your two mercs -- will probably annihilate them and you haven't negotiated a treaty with the orcs yet.

Secondly, you may want to come up with "rotations" so it's not the same folks in the dungeon at all times. Maybe consider week-long or two-week-long "deployments" that the mercs spend inside the dungeon.

• Ven

@Mike said in Planning for Session 7:

Also, you guys have stationed two lone sentries inside Dwimmermount. This probably needs to be beefed up. A single patrol of orcs -- if they come upon your two mercs -- will probably annihilate them and you haven't negotiated a treaty with the orcs yet.

Secondly, you may want to come up with "rotations" so it's not the same folks in the dungeon at all times. Maybe consider week-long or two-week-long "deployments" that the mercs spend inside the dungeon.

Yes. My vote is 10 mercs (which I believe is 30 gp month) in 2 teams to be deployed in 1 week rotations (1 week on, 1 week off) with instructions to retreat to the Shrine of Tyche if things get too heated or exit the dungeon if all looks lost.

• How much time are we honestly saving by having a checkpoint there?

• @TomunistParty said in Planning for Session 7:

How much time are we honestly saving by having a checkpoint there?

Couple hours to exit and climb down, especially if loaded with gear. About an hour of using the dwarf path.

I think more importantly, it serves to stave off monsters from re-lairing in those caverns, as will tend to happen over time.

I agree a deeper base replacing or in addition might be a good option. You're going to want several bases to leap frog out of the dungeon, especially as you go deeper.

• @TomunistParty said in Planning for Session 7:

head down to 2nd level

Y'all can figure out the base stuff. This ^ is what I'm interested in.

• Ven

@Mike said in Planning for Session 7:

@TomunistParty said in Planning for Session 7:

head down to 2nd level

Y'all can figure out the base stuff. This ^ is what I'm interested in.

My suggestions are to first deal with the creature of Arach-Nacha so we can finally secure the Shrine of Tyche and the Moonpool. Second, I suggest we either push forward into the unexplored Northwestern sections of the 1st level looking for more treasure, or explore the few remaining rooms and corridors in the far Eastern portion of the level, ie the "Metal Men" and the unopened marble doors near the treasure vault.

I'm not against quick hit and runs down to level 2 while we're relatively weak, but I'd rather 2-3 or us were 2nd level before attempting it.

Finally, I think we should test mixing Azoth with True Water directly at the source, before the True Water has lost its potency. We can at least settle once and for all if the sages that believe the mixing of the two will reduce the Azoth to its "primordial essence" are correct or not.

• Dungeon Master

@JohnY

We know that it will, Cade has a pouch of quintessence that he made doing it. What it does is anyone's guess.

I'm cool with dealing with spider Man, but I would like to search the new secret map for, you guessed it, the tomes and scrolls to come back for, it seems like a quick haul if the dead dwarfs were going back for it. Also, we might have to kill climent, not sure yet. Definitely don't want him knowing about the un-desecrated Temple to Tyche

• @Jackson
    I like hunting the spiderman. Typhon may be wrong about that Climent guy, they are zealots after all. Lets avoid the shrine to be safe. If he is an agent of Turmax, we need to "turn" him.

I bet that secret map is of a different level. The sword will guide us to its sister more than anything else.

• Dungeon Master

Whatever we decide, we do need to kill climent. Also, we should plan for an extended expedition, not returning until we have enough to level everyone

• @Jackson said in Planning for Session 7:

Also, we should plan for an extended expedition, not returning until we have enough to level everyone

That's the spirit! :ghost:

• Who's Clement?

• Dungeon Master

@Judge_John He's the wizard Castor Troy hired to teach us about azoth, who is also a Termaxian cultist providing intel to the cult on all adventuring parties.

• Ven

@TomunistParty

Alewood needs to go to Emelisse and beg, borrow or steal some Holy H2O to use against Spiderman. If it's demonic it will be immune to mundane fire, so vials of Holy Handgrenades Water and perhaps burning Azoth will be our best means of attack for those without enchanted weapons.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.