Turning undead

• Being that Humphrey is a cleric of Donn and get a bonus to my turning undead which is a +1 on the roll and +2 HD

Does that mean I can turn like a cleric lvl 3 or do I only turn like a first lvl 1 cleric and roll 4d6 instead of 2d6 for the number of undead I turn

• @Gombar said in Turning undead:

Being that Humphrey is a cleric of Donn and get a bonus to my turning undead which is a +1 on the roll and +2 HD

Does that mean I can turn like a cleric lvl 3 or do I only turn like a first lvl 1 cleric and roll 4d6 instead of 2d6 for the number of undead I turn

The +2 HD is the number of creatures affected by a successful turn. You'll always roll 2d6 to turn and add the +1 to that roll to see if you were successful or not. Also, you'll always turn as a Cleric of your actual level.

• @Gombar said in Turning undead:

Being that Humphrey is a cleric of Donn and get a bonus to my turning undead which is a +1 on the roll and +2 HD

You turn as a 1st level cleric. But, as a cleric of Donn, you get +1 to your turn roll and turn an additional 2 HD worth of undead.

Here's how that works:

0_1492097636095_turn.png

On this chart, find your level on the top row. From this, you can see the # you need to roll on 2d6 in order to turn undead of X HD if you look down that column.

For example, as level 1, you need to roll 2d6 and get a 7 to turn skeletons (1HD), a 9 to turn zombies (2HD), and an 11 to turn ghouls (3HD). Since you get +1 to turn, you can add that to your 2d6 roll, effectively needing a 6, 8, or 10 instead.

Once you "succeed" in turning, then you determine how many of that type of undead are turned.

You roll 2d6 again. Add +2 to this for your Donn ability to determine how many HD of creatures are turned.

For example, if you rolled 5 on your 2d6, you'd actually turn 7HD worth of creatures. That might be 7 skeletons, 3 skeletons and 2 zombies, or any mix (count lower HD first as they are turned first).

So, to recap:

• Two rolls.
    • First roll is to see if you can turn. Roll 2d6+1. Consult your column for 1st level (or whatever level you currently are).
    • Second roll is to see how many you turned if first roll was successful. Roll 2d6+2. That's how many HD you turned.

Edited to add: Damnit. Ninja'd by @JohnY. :)

• @Mike said in Turning undead:

Edited to add: Damnit. Ninja'd by @JohnY. :)

Yes, but yours was much more authoritative and informative...

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.