Flushing out the God known as Donn

• I have a few questions to help me flush out Donn

1. I picture Donn to be like Anubis. Where once a creature dies there soul will go to Donn and he would determine where there soul is to go.

2.what is Donn stance against beastmen and dwarves?

• Since he is being Flushed Out, I now think Donn looks like Mr Clean or Scrubbing Bubbles.

• I've updated Donn's spell list since he shouldn't be Animating Dead. That has been moved to the god of music (dancing bones).

• @Gombar said in Flushing out the God known as Donn:

I have a few questions to help me flush out Donn

1. I picture Donn to be like Anubis. Where once a creature dies there soul will go to Donn and he would determine where there soul is to go.

Yes, here's the blurb for Donn:

Donn is the god of the dead, and as such, is not much worshiped by the living. He is invoked to protect the recently deceased from necromancy and similar sacrileges. Consequently, his clerics are implacable foes of the undead and those who create such abominations.

Anubis is very similar: protector of tombs, embalming rituals to prevent reanimation, guiding of souls, weighing of the heart (speak with dead), etc.

2.what is Donn stance against beastmen and dwarves?

All the gods are Lawful and consider beastmen "of chaos" and according to legend were used in armies of the Eld in the war against the Thulians and the Great Church. But, so was magic. Magic-users might creep you out and you may have a disdain for the use of magic.

It's up to you how you individually feel. Perhaps there are sects of Donn that consider beastmen abominations a step away from undead or perhaps beastmen are considered life and thus despite their chaotic tendencies, something to be weighed.

Similarly, dwarves are beings that probably don't dwell in the same afterlife, maybe have a sort of place among other sorts of life. And, dwarves are very often Lawful in nature and thus allies of the Great Church.

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.