The DD Lab

• This is the spot on the forums where we can update progress in the lab and collaborate with @mike on spells we would like to create.

• Constructing lab 2 weeks plus [dice 1d4] days

• Bots

1d4: 4

• @Mike
    What would be the requirements for creating these spells? If they are too high level give me a nerfed version that is lvl 1 or 2.

Moncore's Magic Repeater- this spell utilizes a palindrome so that it can actually be cast twice even though its memorized only once. A bolt of magical energy launches from the caster's hand and collides with its target. Does 1d10 damage. For every 5 caster levels the caster can cast the spell an additional time.

Moncore's Fungicide- The caster surrounds the target with a protective barrier against molds and fungi. Effects last for 1 hour but can be split amongst several targets. So if split amongst 4 player characters, the barrier would last 15 minutes for each character.

• @TomunistParty said in The DD Lab:

Moncore's Magic Repeater- this spell utilizes a palindrome so that it can actually be cast twice even though its memorized only once. A bolt of magical energy launches from the caster's hand and collides with its target. Does 1d10 damage. For every 5 caster levels the caster can cast the spell an additional time.

So, it's cast once at caster level 1st to 5th and then at 6th and 11th level you get a second and third casting? Or, do you get two castings at 1st level but then three at 6th and four at 11th? If it's the former, I'd say 1st level spell. If it's the latter, I'd say 3rd level spell.

Moncore's Fungicide- The caster surrounds the target with a protective barrier against molds and fungi. Effects last for 1 hour but can be split amongst several targets. So if split amongst 4 player characters, the barrier would last 15 minutes for each character.

Can you explain the protective barrier a little more fully? Protects against touching the mold/fungi? Spores ejaculated from the fungus? Entirely from being touched by fungus and fungus creatures (like Myconid)?

• Did y'all invest 1,000gp into the lab? Has it been deducted from the Community Chest? @JohnY @TomunistParty

• @Mike said in The DD Lab:

Did y'all invest 1,000gp into the lab? Has it been deducted from the Community Chest? @JohnY @TomunistParty

As soon as its official, it will be. Can we consider this "done"?

• @JohnY said in The DD Lab:

@Mike said in The DD Lab:

Did y'all invest 1,000gp into the lab? Has it been deducted from the Community Chest? @JohnY @TomunistParty

As soon as its official, it will be. Can we consider this "done"?

You can consider it done when your dudes return to Muntburg with the stuff to build the lab and then the 4 days to build (rolled above). I believe that'll be Mid-Winter 17 when all is said and done and y'all can begin using it for research. It'll be Mid-Winter 1 when y'all begin tomorrow's session.

That is, again, unless y'all want to burn some clock. Totally your call if you end a session in town.

• @Mike

I think we're agreed.... no clock burning. I'll mark off the 1K.

@TomunistParty said in The DD Lab:

So, it's cast once at caster level 1st to 5th and then at 6th and 11th level you get a second and third casting? Or, do you get two castings at 1st level but then three at 6th and four at 11th? If it's the former, I'd say 1st level spell. If it's the latter, I'd say 3rd level spell.

Can you explain the protective barrier a little more fully? Protects against touching the mold/fungi? Spores ejaculated from the fungus? Entirely from being touched by fungus and fungus creatures (like Myconid)?

The repeater- lets say the former.
    The fungicide- protection from touching mold/fungi, breathing mold/fungi.

• @TomunistParty said in The DD Lab:

@Mike said in The DD Lab:

@TomunistParty said in The DD Lab:

The repeater- lets say the former.
    The fungicide- protection from touching mold/fungi, breathing mold/fungi.

So, let's say 1st level and 3rd level for the mold protection spell.

• I like the mold protection spell. Surprised the Druid class never had a specific one.

• Once the lab is setup, let's actually post individual threads for specific research projects because some may be ongoing with various quests to accomplish before the research is complete.

• Seeing as I can't make Montcore's Fungicide until we have a lvl 3 lab I'll start making Montcore's Repeater.

After hearing the stories of how Cade (welcome back, sorta) used shocking grasp to revive a dead adventurer, I want to design the Double D's Defib. This spell is designed to measure, and then deliver a timed jolt of shock through an adventurer's heart to bring him back from recent death. In player terms, it is designed to act exactly like a defibrillator.

What level would this be Mike?

Once the lab is setup, let's actually post individual threads for specific research projects

^ @TomunistParty

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.