Shadowrun in louisville

• I had a home game of Shadowrun that I was running locally every other Sunday at Heroes comics. However recently several members are no longer to make. I was wondering if there enough of an interest here to set up a group of players where it may not be the same people every game but where we can have an ongoing story of characters and campaigns? If anyone wishes to partake in this I would love to hear from you, we can create an event group where ever it is most convenient for the majority of players (since I doubt we can find one that accommodates everyone)

• Ven

I had some interest in SR a while back, but I'm in 2 groups now and that's all I can handle for the mean time.

• understandable, the local one would be the second game I am running myself.

• Hi, I'm new to nerdlouisville. I've been running games with my group of friends for about 20 years.
    Shadowrun is a awesome world that I've never gotten a chance to do a campaign in. Sundays are a good day for me, i'd be able to make it to sessions pretty regularly if you're still looking for people.

• Oddly enough we have just moved it to Saturday's since it seemed like no one was showing up on Sundays when we would post it publicly. So we are now on Saturday's at 3:30 pm, same location though. If you can make it and want to just sit in and watch we have a game this weekend. I wouldn't expect you to make a character in a day and a half

• @catrone3 said in Shadowrun in louisville:

I wouldn't expect you to make a character in a day and a half

:eyes: Shadowrun has gotten complicated!

• it is more like I don't know how much experience they have had with the 4th and 5th edition character system. if you have no experience with it the whole process can be harder

it is more like I don't know how much experience they have had with the 4th and 5th edition character system. if you have no experience with it the whole process can be harder

Ha! My comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. :smile:

I don't know a whole lot about Shadowrun. I've only played it a handful of times.

• the tongue-in-cheek of the game is so real though with the rules scattered everywhere

the tongue-in-cheek of the game is so real though with the rules scattered everywhere

I think the last edition I played was 4th. They didn't improve that in 5th?

• no, and they changed from build points to a priority systems that is not well explained in words or in the table provided

no, and they changed from build points to a priority systems that is not well explained in words or in the table provided

Hmmm. Interesting.

I always thought an open-table, mixed party, flex schedule game for Shadowrun would be perfect, so I hope y'all get something off the ground.

Check out the West Marches campaign. We did something similar here a few years back, but it might even be better for Shadowrun.

• I always thought an open-table, mixed party, flex schedule game for Shadowrun would be perfect, so I hope y'all get something off the ground.

when I said table I meant the one in the book that has what each priority selection can have. If you have a group that can talk it out or even just one person in the group who knows how to explain it. The table makes sense, it is was just bone poorly in the book.

I do currently have a few players, we were just below the average crew size for jobs. making runs difficult and one person not being able to make it really hurt the team more than it should. but I'll look at what you have there.

a group of players where it may not be the same people every game but where we can have an ongoing story of characters and campaigns

Oh I know! I was referring to your original post ^. Sorry, that was confusing since you just mentioned "table" as in a document table. :smiley:

• @catrone3
    Saturdays is a little more difficult but I can make some of them- out this week unfortunately.

• ok, it looks like this weekend may be a bust anyways with quite a few guys getting called into work. And fathers day on Sunday. I'll post up here for next game as well and make sure the event is in the nerd Louisville present Facebook group as well.

• If y'all wanna game this weekend anyway, come out to SYR at Kaiju tomorrow at 4pm.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.