New to the area

• I'm not sure if this is allowed. But I'm new to Louisville, have been trying to find a game group to join. Been hard pressed to find somewhere to play. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it!

• @labennett28 said in New to the area:

I'm not sure if this is allowed. But I'm new to Louisville, have been trying to find a game group to join. Been hard pressed to find somewhere to play. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it!

Totally allowed and encouraged! Thanks for posting.

There are a couple people currently looking for players for RPG groups. I know @Jonathan-Meadows is looking for someone to join his new Call of Cthulhu game and there was also a Shadowrun game being planned for Saturdays. Check out this link: Looking For Group to see a full list of recent posts on this forum (in the Classifieds category).

Are you most interested in RPGs or board games or something else?

• @Mike RPGs (only have played 5e) trying to get my step son into playing as well. He loved the one shot I made for him. And the board games. I'm totally opened to learning more stuff, he has wanted to learn some card games that I have no clue how to play.

• If the aforementioned groups don't work out (if I were you, I'd make a post in those threads replying and letting them know you're interested), I'd highly recommending hitting up the RPG night on Fridays at Heroes, Comics, & Gaming. It's every other Friday and all-ages.

For adult-only stuff: check out Games on Tap, Game Knights, and Slur Your Role (all usually held at bars around town).

The first two are board games, card games, etc. The last is RPGs, with a variety of game types (D&D, Call of Cthulhu, etc.).

Very often we've had private groups form from these events. Meet some people you like playing with and then start a new game with them.

• Board Member

@labennett28 I could definitely use another player for my Pulp Cthulhu game. We're going to be running every other Saturday night and playing at my house. We have one free spot if you'd like to jump in. We're starting this Saturday.

• Welcome to town, @labennett28. I'm glad you found us. (Obviously our covert operation is a failure. Heads will roll.)

The Game Store Guide is a good way to learn your way around the community.

Depending on your particular flavor of nerdniess, you might be interested in the Video Game Community or the general technology groups and events.

• @labennett28 i'm in the same boat as you. i'm down for starting a D&D 5e campaign.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.