Player Journels

• Adventurer

Journal of Malagar Coerethas
    After we wiped out the Red Brand encampment we learned some rather disturbing information. Almost every single soldier we killed was a puppet, a slave, a victim of a game we didn't know was being played. I am enraged and I fear this anger will inevitably cloud my judgement. That is why I plan tonight to make a deal with the patron of one Rayel for protection and guidance. On a lighter note I believe I have earned the trust of the dwarven druid known as Fargrim. He, however, has also earned mine and I believe that if it came to it I may take a blade for him. Hopefully it won't. Tomorrow we strike out at the disgusting entities that enslaved these poor souls, there will be blood.

• Judge

Seeker's Journal
    The aftermath

After cleaning the place out, we took to caring for town. A bit of a useless action in my opinion, but Fargrim insisted. We ran into a new companion, however, I remain skeptical of him... As we delve deeper into the caves I guess we will see the fortitude that he has. I worry about what lives in these caves, but we will see. We left the brothers with some gear, and now we venture into the depths.

• Adventurer

Braunum Journal 03
    Written in dwarvish script
    Exploring The Mine

I had yet to enter these natural halls prior to meeting my new companions, and was surprised to find two other dwarves having set up a workshop of sorts within. The others had cleared it of most threats, but there were further halls remaining that needed to be searched... is there something deeper?

With Fargrim gone it was my duty to take point before the others. The threats were minimal, and I think that I was harmed more by that odd Tiefling's wanton magic than anything else. No one seemed to say anything about the strange plant-like creatures we encountered, my memories of finding ancient corpses engulfed by fungi make me wary of such creatures however.

In the end we seemed to turn up little more than finding another path back to the brothers. The other Tiefling, Seeker, seemed particularly agitated.

• Adventurer

Braunum Journal 04
    Will We Wander Too Deep?

Well over a century and a half it has been, but I can still recall tales told by my grandfather. While the final threat to my own people came from the overland, many stories tell of dwarven expeditions and even whole kingdoms digging too far into the earth and stone. While I have traversed ancient halls that twisted and wound deep, the works of my people seemed to hold certain creatures at bay... These natural halls are another story.

Not far at all within and we lost one of our companions, to what I do not know but the cloaked one is gone. Further into the halls we were beset upon by a group of creatures which seemed... odd to be working side-by-side. During our battle arrows seemed to fly by my head from behind us, and it was afterward that we found it was one of the groups previous companions who disappeared in the battle of Phandalin.

However I can tell already I will not like this little fellow. He assaulted Malagar and nearly brought him low, seemingly to see if the elf could take a hit. I've made my point to him, and that will be the end of my patience.

The in-fighting and bickering had seemed to arouse attention from deeper within the halls. Fargrim, having been leading the way in his animal shape scouted ahead... and returned banging those huge claws into the walls, clicking and clacking loudly. At the last moment we saw the massive purple maw and the circles of teeth...

Running was the only option, but by a sheer stroke of luck an arrow fired by the halfling struck true. Whatever he'd modified the arrow with, stopped the beast in its path. All at once we seemed to realize... it could be brought low despite its size.

I would call it survival over victory, as this thing could have easily found its way further up towards the mine. Delving quickly inside of its corpse while transformed by Fargrim, we briefly saw signs of treasure it had swallowed... Another time, another place. For now we wait. I have wrenched a trophy from the beast, a tooth of shocking density and weight for its size. If I am able, I will deliver this to the brothers above and see what could be made of it.

• Judge

Seeker's Journal
    Lost.

We are lost in the tunnels, nothing was achieved. We have reconvened with the brothers.

Actually not true, our group helped slaughter some mushroom men. I wonder what affect that will have on the holy cleric. We also found the original entrance, that may be useful at a later date.

• Judge

Seeker's Journal
    A new track

With Fargrim back, from where ever he was whisked away... one can only hope it was that abominable island. We made great headway down into the caves after our last foray. Using Fargrim's nose we made excellent headway, we set down to rest and recoup and someone noticed a bonfire we had set up and we were attacked by some Lycanthropes. The good news is I got the Tiger Lycanthrope to bite me. This could be very useful, and the trade off of avoiding silver seems minimal.

Then the purple wurm came out of nowhere after Milo punched Malagar... I'm sensing a trend. Our first inclination was to run, but we decided to fight and downed the beast after I frightened in and the Milo paralyzed it. It was a thankfully quick fight that could have gone either way. Now we progress forward to see what the Lycans were up too.

• Fargrim Journal
    To Delve too Deep.

I found the party near the entrance of the mines. How they got there, I know not. Nor do I believe they are adapt at dungeoneering or finding their way around the dark of these caves. They need my nose and my guidance. So we searched and found a new location, a previously undiscovered section of the mine hiding behind the guise of illusion. We traveled deeper into the heart of the mountain, losing one to who knows where, but finding Milo once more, but not before being attacked by Lycans. A tiger and several rats. A few were bitten, some seemingly by choice. Strange but I understand the benefits of such a curse. But it may have caused conflict between the others. Their quarrels attracted a Purple worm. This time we were stronger and we fought it. Milo paralyzed it while the rest attempted to unleash on the beast’s great hide. Once it was dead, next we loot it.

• Adventurer

Braunum Journal 05
    I am not fond of this place

One would expect that a dwarf would find these depths comfortable, but the truth is this feels too far underground. Even my keen senses are only going so far, the same can be said for my dwarf-brother Fargrim. A different kind of creature is meant for this place... judging by what they pulled from the ceiling while we rested, it is only going to get worse.

Scribbled at the bottom as a quick addition made hours later: One would also think a dwarf would have a kinship with creatures of the earth and stone. I have decided otherwise until further notice.

• Judge

Seeker's Journal
    Deeper and deeper

We dive deeper into the cavern, I think we are traversing into the Underdark now. We've run across weird rock-like creatures i've never seen or read about. I'm curious what will come of our journey, how long will we be down here? Cragmaw and those 5 acres are starting to sound nice. But we dive deeper, and the longer we are here the more I worry that my family is going to catch us on the way out. We've traveled days, just going down. I'm not sure what on earth we are gonna find here and it worries me.

• Adventurer

Journal of Malagar Coerethas
    Why did I let the others drag me down here, I just hope we don't run into any agents of my mother but at this point I'm sure that's to late. I didn't recognize the duergar or the drow but knowing my family branching out to some low life thugs wouldn't be a stretch. In other news i have gained a new hate for a halfling named Milo, and his multiple cases of assault and sudden willingness to leave me to die while he legged it out of there. Our wizard Seeker mentioned a drow working with his family as well, what that could mean worries me but the name was somewhat familiar, let's just hope I'm wrong about that to.

• Adventurer

Braunum Journal 06
    Duergar...

I don't understand what happened. The elf was wanting to make a trade with the duergar we encountered down another path, I acted as a the middle-man due to Malagar not understanding the language.

They made the transaction, Malagar suggested it was a magical item... but we were attacked. Did the duergar simply try to take it and end the bargain in bloodshed, or did the fool elf try to deceive them?

Fargrim concerned me. He barks orders as if he is a general, and I was left holding our back line against the duergar. We could have held our ground and won the battle, instead he declared we would flee. I will have words with him when we next make camp. I am no soldier, I do not take orders mindlessly.

But what most worried me is that one of them seemed to recognize my hammer.

• Judge

Seeker's journal
    what is going on

Well, we killed a purple worm and gained lots of look from it. A rest was needed after that. So we camped out after taking care of some big rock like creatures.

• Judge

Seeker's journal
    Something is wrong down here

After we rested, we left Rayel to do his things with those corpses like he always does. We ventured down a path and ran into some pale skinned Dwarves who seemed in possession of an Elf that our bard friend wanted to buy. Let's say it went poorly and we had to kill them to retreat back to the path where we met up with Rayel. And we rested again as Fargrim went and did some looking around and suggested we turn around.

• Judge

Seeker's Journal
    There is an Aura around us.

We turned around, Fargrim reported a Duregar city if we followed that path. He said it was wise to avoid it and I agree. We have ended up in the other path that we considered, we ran into a tribe of fishmen, who called us odd names. Once we caught to their village their leader, a giant turtle attacked us. Combat ensued and felt like it took forever, an extra combatant showed up and then left. He was a tentacled monster, that seemed to invade our minds. I'm not sure if being here is the wisest idea anymore...

• Judge

Seeker's Journal
    A new adventure awaits.

sigh I thought a conversation would help. It didn't, well it's not all lost. Things didn't work out with the group, we never seemed to click. We traveled so far together, fought so many battles. Oh well, the multiverse is a grand place. Time to play around. It's a shame though, I intended to hand out everyone's share of items in my bag. I lost my temper and Planeshifted out of there. So I guess if I ever run across them, i'll hand them their share... if I remember what their share was.

• Orholam's log

It started innocently enough, I was travelling through a dark, dank tunnel with Nyx and Rayel for company. Jynzo was along with us as well, but was strangely so to himself that he may as well not have been there at all, at first. We stumbled upon a cadre of Drugar setting a trap for adventurers who had presumably already passed through and were expected to come back, and I attempted to make contact with their leader and convert them to join me in my worship of Cthulhu, the great and powerful. When he refused, on my signal, Nyx opened up on him, and we began to fight with them. Two adventurers (Issac and Dorn, I believe they called themselves) came down the tunnel the Drugar were trapping around the beginning of this, and seeing us in combat, aided us in killing the scourge of non-believing heretics. So far, so good.

And then, we stumbled upon the Illithids. And not just a few, but a proper infestation of them, all guided by an Elder Brain. It had taken partial control of me, unbeknownst to the party, and when Jynzo and Nyx initiated combat (and in an impressive way, I must add), I was forced to obey its directives. I did not wish to do it, but as the party attacked the Illithids, I was bidden to attack the party.

The Cleric was no threat to anyone (ooc, the player left early) so I attacked and stunned Rayel and Dorn. The attack took Nyx by surprise, and she attacked me in turn for some pretty serious damage. Jynzo continued attacking the Illithid threat, and the other two were unable to break the stun, leaving it down to an arcane showdown. One that swung in my favor after successfully landing a Feeblemind spell, rendering her unable to cast magic. Intellect Devourers got a hold of Rayel and Dorn, ending their adventuring careers, and I convinced Jynzo to take Nyx and Issac and leave before there were any more losses.

I confiscated Rayel's spellbook, and went to have a chat with the Elder Brain. I do not really regret my actions, I was not in complete control of myself, after all. But it was not appreciated, all the same, and I needed to make sure the Elder Brain understood just how much harder it made future adventuring for me.

Hopefully, Nyx will get help and her mind will be restored. While I do not expect her forgiveness, maybe we can still come to an understanding. I was, after all, not in complete control of myself. As for Rayel and Dorn, I hold out hope that maybe a strong enough group of intrepid adventurers may be able to find them, and perhaps even save them, but I recognize that as long as they are in the grasp of the Illithids and their Elder Brain, I cannot be a part of that party. Perhaps an anonymous job posting through the Black Mountain Exchange?

Follow Nerd Louisville!

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics