Brainstorming forum techniques?

• For MV DMs hosting their forum here. What are some techniques we can use to make information easy to find?

@westlemania639 had a great idea to track Legendary Items. We can post descriptions (including who owns the item) in our campaign section and "Tag" that description with "Legendary MV Item" or something. That way we can use that tag to find all those kinds of things out there.

Thoughts?

• Dungeon Master

The main thought behind this was, generally speaking there is only supposed to be one of any legendary item in the entire multiverse, therefore keeping track of who is using which items in which games, making sure we know who has said item, such as Pazuzu having the power of Orcus' wand after Nerdlouvia, is important for keeping continuity and providing the illusion of a shared multiverse more consistently.

• @westlemania639 said in Brainstorming forum techniques?:

The main thought behind this was, generally speaking there is only supposed to be one of any legendary item in the entire multiverse, therefore keeping track of who is using which items in which games, making sure we know who has said item, such as Pazuzu having the power of Orcus' wand after Nerdlouvia, is important for keeping continuity and providing the illusion of a shared multiverse more consistently.

Totally agree!

So, if a DM introduces a Legendary Item, they need to post a description, tag it, and whenever another DM wants to introduce a Legendary Item, they should consult here.

• Dungeon Master

So do we start a thread labeled Legendary items, or have a way to tag it so it is easier to find?

So do we start a thread labeled Legendary items, or have a way to tag it so it is easier to find?

Tagging it might be more useful and easier to find individual items. To tag: when you create a new thread, at the bottom you should see a line to add tags. Add them.

• As an example of its use, check out the tags I've already added.

• Dungeon Master

Okay, I found the tag, tab at the top, organizes everything very well, should work out great.

Okay, I found the tag, tab at the top, organizes everything very well, should work out great.

Yeah it'd actually be awesome to have DMs posting all their items and tagging them so they can be easily referenced.

• Board Member

The only issue I see here is that there is such a small list of legendary items already, if we make a rule that only one can exist, eventually everything of "legendary" status will have to be homebrew.

I do like the idea of keeping track of items in some way, though.

• @Meadowsjon said in Brainstorming forum techniques?:

The only issue I see here is that there is such a small list of legendary items already, if we make a rule that only one can exist, eventually everything of "legendary" status will have to be homebrew.

I do like the idea of keeping track of items in some way, though.

Technically, the conventions say that multiple Wands of Orcus (or other legendary items) can exist, but if they arrive on the same world the DM determines what happens.

But, it might be interesting to have some continuity, like @westlemania639 said, in that those are unique items across the Multiverse.

• Dungeon Master

@Meadowsjon

I see that, like im introducing the Rod of Resurrection in my next game, but the attempt will to make it near impossible for the olayers to keep, I think dms being conscious of what they consider a legendary item and using them sparingly is important

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.