Zeeko's Character Creation (PC: Wes)

• You rolled 1d600+400: 986

Your rolls:
    1d600: 586 = 586
    Total: 986

• Judge

Repost: I added them up in my head, even with the 14 I was at -1, and I can check AI, just send me the stuff and ill see.

Also any suggestions on what I did there, something I should have done differently, etc. I was contemplating either doing a con artist, pilot or explorer.

• Dungeon Master

@westlemania639 yep, realized that after I posted.

• Dungeon Master

Looks good. Are you ok not taking culture/Forza for Traveller? I think it's a good fit, just wanted to be sure. You get one extra language for your intelligence. Some ones we know are spoken in the system are Korean, Hindi, French, and Spanish, but you can pick another if you want a different flavor.

What kind of ship did you apprentice on? It'd have to be something pretty substantial.

• Dungeon Master

And yeah, a dedicated navigator is hugely beneficial, so I think the explorer package is a good pick.

• Judge

Wasn't sure if it overlapped with a Pilot too much, or if I shoulda went pure, I think im gonna stick with a human though.

• Judge

Equipment- Please tell me if there is something I am blatantly forgetting.

Start - 986 pieces

Laser Rifle- 300
    Woven Body Armor- 400
    Stun Baton- 50
    4 Type-A Power Cells- 40
    Compad- 100
    Backpack- 5
    Binoculars- 20
    3 Glowbug- 15
    5 Rations- 25
    Lazarus Patch- 30

Remaining- 1 piece

• Dungeon Master

@westlemania639 that's some efficient spending right there.

• Judge

I'm supposed to be the smart one...I suppose efficient fits.

• Judge

Change in starting world to Ganesh (starting world doesn't necessarily mean homeworld though does it, I see my character as more of someone who has grown up in the confederation system)

Dayden Thomas Zeeko (known as Zeeko by shipmates)- In Zeeko's World, Knowledge is King.

Growing up as a child from some well off family, Zeeko was sent to study at the academy from as early as he can remember. His life has been filled to date with books on alien cultures, history, and the knowledge of space. Zeeko's ambitions lie with seeing the cosmos and studying the ancient cultures and customs that predate that of what the confederation considers "history". Having been a very adept student Zeeko quickly excelled through the confederation's ranks to reach the position of Astrogator's Mate on the Federation Ship Daedalus under the command of Admiral Rae Kassius. He was great in this role, plotting spike drive paths and navigating the dangerous energy fluxes in the space in between, with an ease that few had ever seen, by all accounts he was a prodigy in the navigational arts, but confederation life was not all that Zeeko wanted, sure he got to travel to worlds, but since he was a navigator, he was rarely let off the ship to study the planets (his true passion) Zekko had spent his young life studying the culture's, language's and histories of all the civilizations that were written, and wanted nothing more that to see them for his own eyes, and study and discover like many other travellers before him, but this was not the way of the federation.

The Federation, in Zeeko's eyes, simply went to new worlds to impose the culture of peace, which is admirable, but gave no deference to the individual cultures or beliefs, they had no reverance for the preservation of history and individuality, the things Zeeko had grown up loving about the outer planets, and so one day Zeeko left, some would call it going AWOL, but Zeeko calls it a mutual parting of ways, and so Zeeko fled, the life he has always known with the federation, the one he was groomed for was no more, Zeeko had no friends, family, anyone really to turn to, he eventually found himself on the planet of Ganesh, studying the ancient ruins of the world, some 5 years later, hair grown, full beard, looking nothing similar to the clean cut cadet he was when he decided to abandon his post, a simple man, studying worlds for his own enjoyment.

Let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed or clarified.

• Dungeon Master

Awesome. Self determination as abandonment of post. The story will start on Gangsong. Why are you there, and why are you urgently trying to find a way off of that Lunar trade hub?

• Judge

On Gangsong to get some supplies for the dig I am currently doing on Ganesh, typical supplies, I'm assuming Ganesh is slightly primal so I travel to Gangsong often in order to civilize with the outside world, meet up with a few friends, and to keep tabs to make sure the federations wont be paying a visit to the system anytime soon. I'm trying to get off world because there are rumors that a Federation patrol is coming to Gangson to look into the tensions post pull out and to assess the situation, me fearing not having proper papers and being a fugitive, am looking to get off world before the federation arrives.

• Judge

Updated story, seemed a pure pilot may have been more necessary so changed training package to pilot, story slightly altered, it's a straight rip-off from Ender's Game.

Dayden Thomas Zeeko (known as Zeeko by shipmates)- In Zeeko's World, Knowledge is King.

Growing up as a child from some well off family, Zeeko was sent to study at the academy from as early as he can remember, he doesn't remember much of his parents, really he doesn't even know if he had parents, just what he was told and assumes. His life was filled with the study of space, and space combat, he was given the pleasure of nothing more. Zeeko's ambitions were what the Fedeartion told him. Having been a prodious student, Zeeko quickly excelled through the confederation's Academy to reach the a elite position as Astrogator's Mate on one of the top Federation Ships, The Daedalus, under the command of Admiral Rae Kassius. He was great in this role, plotting spike drive paths and navigating the dangerous energy fluxes in the space in between, combating space pirates and smugglers with an ease that few had ever seen, by all accounts he was a prodigy in the navigational arts and space combat, but one day Zeeko was doing what he was told was a practice run combating confederation enemies, but the trial proved to be more than a practice, when the federation used his mind to wipe-out an entire fleet of what Zeeko found out to be peaceful people only wishing to maintain their independence without interference from the Federation, but to the Federation non-compliance was to be met with violence, and without Zeeko's knowledge of what he was doing, he, exterminated almost an entire civilization. Horrified by the event's that transpired and the feeling that he was used for his prodigious talents, Zekko fled.

The Federation, in Zeeko's eyes, simply went to new worlds to impose the culture of peace, by any means necessary. They gave no deference to the individual cultures or beliefs, they had no reverance for the preservation of history and individuality, the things Zeeko had grown to love about space. Some would say Zeeko went AWOL, but Zeeko calls it payment for the things the federation did with his talents. The life Zeeko had always known with the federation was no more, the life Zeeko was groomed to live, was no more, Zeeko had no friends, family, anyone really to turn to, he eventually found himself on the planet of Ganesh, studying the ancient ruins of the world, some 5 years later, hair grown, full beard, looking nothing similar to the clean cut cadet he was when he decided to abandon his post, a simple man, studying worlds for his own enjoyment.

Let me know if there's anything that needs to be changed or clarified.

Users

Topics