July 30 game thread

• Can Christian keep one of the guns we took from the thugs outside the factory? I assume we are going to ditch the cop 9mms.

• Absolutely. You find a total of four .32 revolvers (d8 dmg - 1(3) shots/round - 15 yd range - 6 bullets/mag) and a .22 Bolt-Action Rifle (d6+1 dmg - 1 shot/round - 30 yd range - 6 bullet/mag). You also find enough bullets for an extra 'magazine' of each weapon.

• Dr. Alan Schimer still has 2 vials of an unknown creatures (snake mans) blood that he will be running a multitude of test on to determine if its a disease or a new creature. He believes at first they are "vampires" and the telephone game made them into the hollywood versions we see normally.

• Players:
    @AndyB – Audie Chavez
    @jamie – Christian Branca
    @Goesif – Glim T (Died from multiple bullet wounds)
    @Goesif – Alan Schimer
    Sterling – Willard Porter
    Andrew – William Cale
    @Felicia – Emily Kessler

Keeper:
    @justin

The group, knowing each other primarily through their studies at St. Damiens University, decides to go on a camping trip. Taking Audie’s Subaru and Felicia’s Jeep, they set off for the Black Mountain National Wildlife Refuge. As they near the site, two cars scream past the group and wreck around a bend from the party. Nearing the crash, they see that the occupants of both cars have gotten out and are shooting at one another. Not wanting to get involved, the party turns around and heads back into town as Christian calls the police to inform them of what has happened.

Getting back to St. Damien’s University on the edge of town, they contemplate their next move. As they do so, the police show up (having tracked the GPS signal in Christian’s phone) and demand the party come with them to make statements about what they saw. Willard fakes a panic attack and claims that he needs to go to the hospital. The police send a car to follow Willard, Audie, Glim and Christian. Once they are out of sight, the other officers become much more forceful with Emily and William. Emily uses her car to flee, but a tire is popped and she is shot in the process.

Emily catches up with Audie, crashing into the back of the cop car following them and setting up what turned into an epic combat – a seizure was faked by Audie and Willard, Glim and Christian grabbed and then killed an officer by stealing his gun, Glim was gunned down by two other officers, William dove out of the back of Felicia’s jeep resulting in him being shot and knocked unconscious by an officer, Felicia ran over said officer with her Jeep, and ultimately the last two officers high-tailed it out there knowing they were likely on the losing end of this fight.

In the aftermath, an ambulance (originally requested by Willard) shows up introducing Alan Schimer. An inspection of the dead police officer indicates strange things – his blood is thick and black, his skin seems scaly and his canines descend far below where they should. In the police car left behind, Willard hears a report over the police radio that the officers are heading back to the station, and that Flora was successfully kidnapped and taken to the Factory, where they could interrogate her about the Artifact.

Research from the Investigators reveals that the Factory is in fact an old Shrimp Processing Factory that went out of business decades ago (because shrimp in New Mexico makes so much sense). It was recently purchased by Ceshi Industries and there has been talk to the Factory reopening in some capacity. The group goes out there and, through some crafty tactics, is able to eliminate any and all threats inside the Factory and rescue Flora.

• @Goesif @NerdBot

Roll a Medicine check for me and let me know what information you are hoping to learn.

Check out this thread to learn about how to roll dice on the boards. Because NerdBot should be 'summoned', you should be able to go with the straight command function. Let me know if you have questions.

• @Justin has summoned me, and so I appear. If you wish for me to roll dice, type !roll XdY+Z or mention me in a new topic with roll XdY+Z after my name.

• 0_1501609411872_IMG_0053.PNG

Shown above is the Factory you explored with places of interest noted.

Combat Area: Outside of the dead bodies, there’s nothing here of note – simply wanted to use it as a reference point.

Dead Body: Audie, Felicia and Willard came across this as they were setting up the ambush. If you choose to investigate the body more closely, you find an ID showing this man as Nicolas DuPont. You see that he has a single bullet wound in his forehead. None of you know much about him outside of the fact that he runs a small farm on the outskirts of town.

Lab: In this lab, you see cages with various animals in them: rats, frogs and bats mostly and almost all are dead. The manner of death in each cage varies, but it looks violent in almost all cases. In certain cages, you see that the animals have been placed together and it seems as though they killed each other. You also see various beakers and vials. In particular, you find sets of vials: 2 containing a grey-green liquid, 2 with red liquid, and two with a clear liquid that has strands of silver that seem to appear and disappear at random. You also find a notebook nearby.

Office: This “office” is poorly organized and largely in disrepair. You see a couple of chairs and a table full of instruments that you imagine were used during Flora’s “interrogation”. Scattered around the room, you find various notes and papers – many from the shrimp factory’s original days, but also some recent ones regarding the repair and remodeling of the building. You get the sense that they want to turn this space into some kind of research facility. You also find a laptop.

Shrine: As you round the corner, you are met with a startling sight. You see countless carcasses of small woodland creatures – mice, squirrels, etc… – littering the floor of this area and it reeks of death and decay. As you look farther towards the back, you see that a mass of snakes seems to be clustering around an object. Your presence seems to alert them, but instead of moving towards you, they seem to recede into the machine behind them, revealing a statue and a piece of parchment that rests at its base (see below).

You all are welcome to further investigate any of the things listed above. Just let me know what you’d like to do, and I’ll do my best to get an answer to you ASAP.

1_1501609298641_IMG_0052.JPG 0_1501609298611_IMG_0051.JPG

• Emily is keeping the cop guns and will be filing off the serial numbers, assuming there are any. She will also grab the .22 rifle, any extra ammo (1 .22/4 .32) that is there, as well as any .32 revolvers (3) that are unclaimed. She takes photos of the parchment and the idol for further investigation, as well as photos of the information recorded in the notebook from the lab. She will give the strange vials and lab notebook to Dr. Schimer, figuring that he knows lab folks. She will give Prof. Cale the statue and parchment.

• @Justin Also grab the laptop from the office and see if there is more useful information on it.

• @Felicia

@Felicia said in July 30 game thread:

Emily is keeping the cop guns and will be filing off the serial numbers, assuming there are any.

Make a handgun check using @Nerdbot . Success means you're able to successfully file off the SN, failure means you think you have, but either its obvious that you've done so, or haven't done it well enough.

She will also grab the .22 rifle, any extra ammo (1 .22/4 .32) that is there, as well as any .32 revolvers (3) that are unclaimed.

Assuming no one asks for any of it, they are all yours. If someone does express some interest, I'd like to offer the chance to split the loot somewhat, so to speak.

She takes photos of the parchment and the idol for further investigation, as well as photos of the information recorded in the notebook from the lab. She will give the strange vials and lab notebook to Dr. Schimer, figuring that he knows lab folks. She will give Prof. Cale the statue and parchment.

You can definitely take photos of the lab itself, but the notebook is hundreds of pages long, and "documenting" the notebook in pictures would take some time -- which we can do as a "downtime activity" if you want, although it may hinder the ability of another PC to begin researching the contents of the book.

When you examine the pictures you take of the idol and the parchment, you notice something interesting. The idol photographs as normal, but the parchment appears blank in every picture you take of it. Regardless of the angle or lighting, nothing that you can see on the page seems to appear in any photographs.

• @Felicia said in July 30 game thread:

@Justin Also grab the laptop from the office and see if there is more useful information on it.

You open up the laptop and you see a grey background with a large symbol that looks like this: :copyright: in the middle of the page. You recognize the symbol from the van outside.

The Username is listed as TMcCray and the password field is blank.

• This appears in the Newspaper today:
    0_1501798374945_IMG_0055.JPG

• @justin check the van outside to see if I can find a password, also double check the dead guy in the lab. Don't worry about the lab notebook if there's too much just hand it off to Schimer. !roll 2d10

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.