Apocalypse World, 2nd edition

• Has anyone stumbled on any summary of the differences between 1st and 2nd edition Apocalypse World? Or anyone with experience with both interested in explaining?

Thanks!
    C

• Judge

They are mostly the same. The moves are expanded a bit (including moves for road war) and the Operator Playbook is gone (folded into the Driver).

Some other minor differences. It's mostly the same game. It's not an "overhaul" edition change like D&D typically does recently. It's more like Call of Cthulhu edition change with minor refinements.

• Cool, thanks. I never have played AW, but it always looked cool and Dungeon World sure was fun when you ran it. I had no idea a 2nd edition was even out for AW.

• We've had a lot of Dungeon World at Slur Your Role lately, I've heard good things but I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

• Yeah, I saw that. Definitely a fun game, but Mike is a good DM, which helps :) Developing the druid class together (it didn't exist when we were playing) was a blast as well.

• I've only played with Mike once, but it was an Apocalypse World game. I'll never forget Mr. BBQ, the character I ended up playing.

• Hey Mike, what are the dimensions of the 2nd edition book? I can't seem to find anything online about that. Is it similar to that mini book size of the first edition or is it more 8.5x11"?

• Judge

@sellanraa said in Apocalypse World, 2nd edition:

Hey Mike, what are the dimensions of the 2nd edition book? I can't seem to find anything online about that. Is it similar to that mini book size of the first edition or is it more 8.5x11"?

Same dimensions as 1e.

Users

Topics