New People: Introduce Yourself

• @Mike Thank you!

• Hi there nice to meet you every one my name is jackson am kind of old school gamer and geek I think hehe I like board games and I have a good ones am moving to Louisville and I like to make friends near to have fun

• Judge

@testament said in New People: Introduce Yourself:

Hi there nice to meet you every one my name is jackson am kind of old school gamer and geek I think hehe I like board games and I have a good ones am moving to Louisville and I like to make friends near to have fun

Welcome! When you moving to Louisville?

There's a small group of us who love old school games too. Our Tuesday night group have played Labyrinth Lord, Stars Without Number, and whatnot in the last year.

Though the local events are more focused on newer games, I'd recommend checking them out anyway. Lots of good folks!

• Hey, y’all my name is Thomas. I work and live in Bardstown, I’m as green as you can get when it comes to D&D. I’ve been listening to “Not Another D&D podcast” at work for months and I’m finally getting the gumption to get out and try and play.
    No idea where to start though, and I work weird hours (2 jobs). Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

• Judge

@RougeJuan said in New People: Introduce Yourself:

Hey, y’all my name is Thomas. I work and live in Bardstown, I’m as green as you can get when it comes to D&D. I’ve been listening to “Not Another D&D podcast” at work for months and I’m finally getting the gumption to get out and try and play.
    No idea where to start though, and I work weird hours (2 jobs). Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Well met, Thomas! When are you free to play?

• @Mike exclusively Saturday nights. Not this week though bc I already have a prior engagement

• Judge

@RougeJuan said in New People: Introduce Yourself:

@Mike exclusively Saturday nights. Not this week though bc I already have a prior engagement

My advice:

• Post an ad in the Classifieds for a Saturday game with some details and specifically mention you are looking for beginner-friendly games. You may need to try a few groups before you find your sweet spot. Don't let a bad first experience deter you from trying again.
    • Hit up the local game shops on Saturdays and ask if they do any gaming events you could hop in on.

• @Mike thank you kindly, you’re a gentleman and a scholar.

• Hello, my name is Anthony Buchanan and I am a Librarian at the Louisville Free Public Library. I run the oldest, continuously-held discussion group for comics in a Kentucky public library, the Graphic Novel Discussion Group.

We have been meeting at the Main Library monthly since May of 2012. You may view our Events Calendar for past, present, and upcoming meetings by clicking here.

I am a lifelong fan of all kinds of comics, graphic art and design, science fiction, fantasy, and music. I also host a radio show on 97.1 FM WXOX called Intonation. My radio show broadcasts every Monday morning from 9 am to 10 am.

• Sounds great, @TonyB. Thanks!

Follow Nerd Louisville!

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics