New People: Introduce Yourself

• Hey there everybody! My name is Josh and I'm a middle-aged gamer. I'll play or run pretty much anything. Over the years, I've run AD&D, 3.0, and now learning 5e. I've also logged a lot of Shadowrun hours too: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. Last year, I picked up the core books for Hackmaster (5th ed) at GenCon and am giving it a go. I'm liking it so far, but my usual group doesn't play it nearly as often as I'd like. This site looks like my kind of place and I hope to get to game a lot more than I have been lately.

• Shadow Runner Judge

Welcome Josh! I am sure you will find what you are looking for here. There are several events that you can attend and you can also post in the classifieds.

• Judge

Hey Cam and Josh! Welcome to the forum!

I may have a GenCon spot for you, Cam. I'll be in touch. Gotta see if the person lined up has the cash first.

@MrPickard you can def find plenty of 5E going on around here. Try the Classifieds sub-forum or the Multiverse section.

• Hi all, I'm Jimmie. Haven't been to any events yet and will be going to my first slur your role on the 29th. I'm a DM for a private game with friends and family and am excited to come play with others in the community!

• Judge

Hey Jimmie! Good to meet you man. Let us know how SYR goes!

• Shadow Runner Judge

Welcome Jimmie - glad to have you

• @JimmieLee which game are you playing?

• @jonathan-meadows Age of the Broken Kingdom

• Wastelander of Zharr

Hi folks, I’m Aron Clark an aging GenX’er from California. I found my way back to role playing via DCC & the OSR, and found my way to NerdLouisville via @Judge_John ‘s labyrinth lord play-by-forum game.

I feel very lucky to have the chance to play in some great games here. Right now I’m in @Mike ’s Apocalypse World game. I’m super impressed with all the indie RPGs I’ve been reading about and now I’m getting to play one.

All I can say is wow, you are all building a nice little community here. Keep at it.

• Adventurer

Hello, I’ve been to a few events now and posted a few things but just want to say you have all been very welcoming and it’s been a pleasure meeting everyone.

• Judge

@navinym said in New People: Introduce Yourself:

Hello, I’ve been to a few events now and posted a few things but just want to say you have all been very welcoming and it’s been a pleasure meeting everyone.

Glad to hear it!

• Hi everyone, I’m Taylor and my gf and I are looking for new people to play games with. Ideally we’d like to play twilight imperium more than biannually (lol), but are open to other games as well. Our normal crew has become very busy of late and we decided to break out and meet some new people. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

• Hi I'm Ray! Been playing various RPG's for a stupidly long time (DnD mostly, started with 2nd ed then moved to 3, 3.5, and now 5e, some White Wolf/World of Darkness across Mage, Technocracy, and Vampire settings, now also in a Shadowrun 5th game, a smattering of other games that didn't really make it off the ground in our group). Recently picked up WoW again after a near 6-year hiatus. A big fan of various board games across multiple disciplines, including deck builders (Marvel Legendary, Ascension, Dominion), 4x (TI4), cooperative tactical/strategy (Pandemic, Gloomhaven), worker placement (Scythe, et. al.). Used to play Magic fairly heavily, but it's been a long time

• Judge

Welcome, Ray & Taylor! Welcome to the forum! Hope I meet y'all soon IRL.

• Hi all! My name is Matt, I'm a fairly new player to tabletop. Currently in a group that has been playing once a week for the past few months, but with our DM is out of the area, I've been having to run a ragtag group of newbies. I'm trying to muddle my way through running Curse of Strahd, but I really want to get more experience actually playing. I've never actually played a campaign, only one-shots. Was interested in the Multi-verse, but I kinda really wanted just a small group running through a good campaign. Hope to get to know everyone!

• @madmattinator said in New People: Introduce Yourself:

o tabletop. Currently in a group that has been playing once a week for the past few months, but with our DM is out of the area, I've been having to run a ragtag group of newbies. I'm trying to muddle my way through running Curse of Strahd, but I really want to get more experience actually playing. I've never actually played a campaign, only one-sho

Hey Matt, Brandon here. I'd be very interested in joining. Any chance you've got a spot open for a new player?

• @croi Absolutely!! We meet at The Roar-Shack Bookstore on Frankfort on Thursdays from 6-8...haven't even really started yet. I don't know if everyone is gonna show up today, but I'll be there. PM me and I can add you to the FB group.

• Howdy Do neighborinos up north! This is Daniel The Lucky Bard of Bardstown and of Gamescience Dice & Dice Depot. Gosh I have far to many titles. Much like the efforts of the members of Nerd Louisville I've been the past 7 years gathering the Bardstown Community together as Tournament Organizer and Community Organizer. I've been meaning to get around to dropping a line here since joining the Gamescience team but haven't had much time.

SO MUCH INVENTORY!!!

If you think you have a dice problem, you haven't been to my store yet!

Anyways, I'm glad to finally be dropping in and hope to keep up with things a little better. #keeprollings & #gameon

• Hey dudes & dudettes. I'm Kelem, I've met a few of you, but I mostly keep to myself. I'm not really new, but I don't think I ever introduced myself. I've been playing since I was 9, started out with AD&D, have since moved all the way up to GURPS, and expanded to a myriad of other systems. I don't really have anything I'm super passionate about, but Roleplaying is in the small list.

I'm a big fan of Horror, True Crime and Psychology, I love music and art, and maybe someday I'll start creating art again.

I'm a quiet loner, I don't really say much at tabletop games. I'll talk your head off online though, that's my comfort zone. If you end up at the table with me or talking to me, you'll likely hear some weird ass references; I don't have much of a filter and I imagine the inside of my brain looks like the Addam's Family house. But I am a nice person and I have decent table etiquette; the roleplaying community seems to be my kind of people, so I tend to have few problems.

• Hi, @SatreSol. If you haven't seen the second season of Dirk Gently's Holistic Agency, the main villain is the evil mage Kelem (possibly spelled differently).

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics