New People: Introduce Yourself

• @dmattingly Haven't seen it but if I remember correctly that's Douglas Adam's work. So it's probably something I'd be interested in.

• With King in Yellow quoted in your sig, I figured you'd dig it.

• Here's a great scene from Season 1, to show how amazing and absurd the it is.

• @dmattingly Honestly that's great. I'm going to have to watch that.

• @sweet_as_314 Great meeting you today, Elizabeth!
    -Brandon/Elnan

• Hello! I'm Lukas. I'm completely new and never been to any Nerd Louisville event, but I've heard about you guys from the r/Louisville. I mostly have experience with D&D 5e and a bit with 4e. I'm mainly coming to check out this forum and see if there are other groups I might be interested in joining. My current group is starting to just feel the same and I want to see how other people experience D&D. Plus there are just so many other games that seem interesting too.

I can't say I'll have a ton time because I have college and other commitments, but I'd love to try and fit as much as I can.

• Judge

Hey Lukas! Welcome!

I would definitely check out the tag LFG for other groups looking for players: https://community.nerdlouisville.org/tags/lfg

• @Mike Thanks!

• Recent addition to Louisville as well as a new addition to this community. (As you can see: haven't set up any flairs, etc yet.) A recent post on /r/Louisville led me here.

I've played a variety of games in the past, from Exalted to Shadowrun to Cortex and Fate. Right now, I'm in a BESM D20 / DnD 3.5 hybrid game that's interesting. I'd like to get into more things locally. So glad to have found this!

• Judge

Welcome to the community, Ash!

Have you guys heard of Nerdlouvia yet? That's coming up in the next couple weeks and would probably be a great place to try a bunch of new games and meet some new people.

• @Mike I saw something about that when I first moved up here, but then forgot because I was worried about getting my finances settled and playing catch-up on a couple of bills post-move. But that's right after payday and looks like it's right up my alley! Thanks for bringing it back to my attention!! I'm gonna put that on my calendar right now.

• Judge

@ashlayne said in New People: Introduce Yourself:

@Mike I saw something about that when I first moved up here, but then forgot because I was worried about getting my finances settled and playing catch-up on a couple of bills post-move. But that's right after payday and looks like it's right up my alley! Thanks for bringing it back to my attention!! I'm gonna put that on my calendar right now.

Yup, and I believe there are way more tickets than last year so it won't sell out or anything. You should be able to buy one the weekend of. If you do, come find me and say hello!

• @Mike Hello, I just registered, username ArcaneOllivander. I was looking at the PFS website for my area hoping I could find a pathfinder game. Louisville seemed to be the closest, so I looked at the annual convention. That led me to this website and to finding Slur Your Role. I was wondering if I could get more information about that event, which rpg's are played there, etc. It is a nearly 4 hour drive for me, but for twice a month I think I'd be interested.

• Welcome, @ArcaneOllivander. I don't go to Slur, so I can't help you there, but you might be interested in joining us for NerdLOUvia in two weeks; our annual gaming convention. It'll be a great time to meet people, play games, and get to know the local PFS.

• Judge

@ArcaneOllivander said in New People: Introduce Yourself:

@Mike Hello, I just registered, username ArcaneOllivander. I was looking at the PFS website for my area hoping I could find a pathfinder game. Louisville seemed to be the closest, so I looked at the annual convention. That led me to this website and to finding Slur Your Role. I was wondering if I could get more information about that event, which rpg's are played there, etc. It is a nearly 4 hour drive for me, but for twice a month I think I'd be interested.

Hey man, you can go here to see all the past SYR events: https://nerdlouisville.org/category/featured-events/slur-your-role-featured-events/

That should give you a sense of what has been played. And, keep an eye out for the schedule to post on the site.

As for Pathfinder, I know there are a crapton of Pathfinder games being played at Nerdlouvia. You can see the gamegrid here: https://nerdlouisville.org/nerdlouvia-2018-event-grid/

• Ok...uh here goes, I'm Kenneth Lance Garrison,i'm a Major Geek nerd to the max,my love of nerdom is deep. It all started with comic books and a nerd mother who had alot of influence in my upbring with nerd culture,Saturday mornings watching cartoons during the 60's and a inborn Imagination that was vast and then i encountered D&D during the 70's by one of my hip teacher in high school, from there i grew into a full fledged Fan of every thing geek from comic books to TV and movies cartoons to the great pulp writers of Fantasy,Sci/Fi, nothing that i didn't divulge in that was not in the realms of Nerdom . And so i Introduce myself to this i hope will become my home and wish to make new friends.

• Welcome, Lance. Good to hear from you.

• @lance-g Hey, man. How you doing?

• Judge

Welcome Lance! You going to Nerdlouvia this coming weekend?

• @MLucas been hanging with your brother,we been going to Kiaju bar to play on sundays 4/8 been looking for a new group to play with ..dude it hard to find a good group tp fall into....how are you still with uh...angela was it??

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics