Destiny 2 on XBone

• Knight Dungeon Master

Sounds like a lot of my friends, shame they didn't go for Cross Platform play...

• Sony's fault. Apparently MS offered the olive branch, but Sony doesn't want to lose market share to MS... Who loses? You and all your adult friends that only purchase one console now that we're now, you know, adults...

• Judge

@josh-grimaud said in Destiny 2 on XBone:

Sony's fault. Apparently MS offered the olive branch, but Sony doesn't want to lose market share to MS... Who loses? You and all your adult friends that only purchase one console now that we're now, you know, adults...

I just can't get into the PS controller. I'm too American, I guess.

• Have you used a PS4 controller? It's much wider than the old dual shock

• Plus the exclusives are better if you're into niche Japanese and RPG games... 😁

• Judge

Have you used a PS4 controller? It's much wider than the old dual shock

Yup. Tried it at @Gombar's house when it first came out. I don't like where the sticks are and the shape is not contoured comfortably for me. Much prefer Xbone controller.

• Judge

Plus the exclusives are better if you're into niche Japanese and RPG games... 😁

I usually go PC for RPG stuff. I'm much more into Western style RPGs.

• Knight Dungeon Master

I bought a PS4 originally, bought it like the weekend it came out, but got Blue Screened post warranty, reminded me of the red ring so I abandoned Sony this time around, but generally wanted it for the exclusives like God Of War, Killzone (which I ended up disliking) & uncharted.

• I'm not sure what I would have done if that happened to me. The whole reason I chose to avoid Xbox One is because I had 3 red ringed 360s. Microsoft lost my trust. But hey, it's all relative. I have to say Persona 5 has been one of my favorite games this year. It's the only title I know for a fact that I've played for more than 100 hours.

• Judge

I'm not sure what I would have done if that happened to me. The whole reason I chose to avoid Xbox One is because I had 3 red ringed 360s. Microsoft lost my trust. But hey, it's all relative. I have to say Persona 5 has been one of my favorite games this year. It's the only title I know for a fact that I've played for more than 100 hours.

Daaaang. 3 RRs? I had one but it was within warranty and just got a free replacement. And, then later bought a Halo 360 and it still runs fine. Understandable after that though.

• Yeah man. It all happened within warranty, so I bought a PS3 and used the final Xbox I received right before my warranty ran out to only play exclusives moving forward. Two times it happened while trying to load the original Assassin's Creed. I was so pissed. I spent that whole holiday season waiting on MS shipping.

• I kinda understand where you're coming from. I prefer the Xbone or Xbox controllers in general for shooters. With the hundreds if not a thousand hours on Destiny on One before, the muscle memory is forever there.

The PC version having a 1 for 1 clone of the Xbox One settings so we can use the controller over bluetooth or with a cable was a major factor in me going that route. None of my core group of friends really played Destiny anymore, and with my life as it is, I can't power level 4-5 days a week like them anymore. I'd rather take a chance on new people or a community of randoms.

Sony honestly does have a better ecosystem, I go to their local E3 event each year, the players are generally on the older side, the menu system isn't the 90th iteration of mistakes layered. I don't have to put up with as many updates. It just feels more designed, and less kitbashed. But I'm not 100% on the controller. It's perfectly fine for most things, a lot of platformers which is what is on Sony. Being the anime guy I've got an increasing collection of that stuff... But using shoulder triggers for a gun trigger is wonky feeling. Maybe if you were slow tap sniping all the time, but otherwise no.

• The triggers are L2 and R2 on PS4, which are now curved in as opposed to out like on the PS3 dual shock. No more bumper fire!

• Oh they are, I own a PS4 and Xbone. However they are small and have a more tense but short draw. It's like someone took the N64 trigger and added a small spring. It's just not as good as a nice long squeeze. But then again I was a fan of the Duke.

Follow Nerd Louisville!

Online Users

Top Topics

Users

Topics