Podcast

• https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/nerd-louisville-podcast/id1055374508

"The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

• @dmattingly said in Podcast:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/nerd-louisville-podcast/id1055374508

"The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

The podcast is defunct at this point.

You might try listening from here though:

• Ah, okay. It was always intermittent, so it was a while before I realized it wasn't updating.

• @dmattingly said in Podcast:

Ah, okay. It was always intermittent, so it was a while before I realized it wasn't updating.

Yeah, when I stepped down from the board I don't think anyone took up the podcast mantle. Honestly, I'm not sure if the effort and investment was worth the return.

If you know anyone interested in doing a podcast that has their own gear, I'm sure @Jonathan-Meadows would be open to re-launching it.

• Board Member

We're definitely interested in relaunching the podcast. We bought some additional mics so gear isn't an issue. We have a full setup, we just need someone to take that project on.

• Is there a location of old episodes? I would like to hear what was being done. My wife and I have been doing a podcast since 2010 (ValentineCast.com) just curious to see if we could help in some manner.

• @caoboi said in Podcast:

Is there a location of old episodes? I would like to hear what was being done. My wife and I have been doing a podcast since 2010 (ValentineCast.com) just curious to see if we could help in some manner.

I posted the link earlier. Here it is again: https://nerdlouisville.org/the-nerd-louisville-podcast/

A large part of the podcast was mostly just promoting and information nerdy stuff around town.

• @mike my bad. I totally went over it when I was scrolling through.

• I think it'd be worthwhile to redo the Louisville Anime Community's cast which I think was like, edition 3, and then disappeared.

I have a yeti mic and have done 35+ casts before. Really wasn't thrilled with how ours here came out between the cafe we were in with noise, missing folks, some stuff could be done better. We're 4-5 times larger now, more seasoned, etc.

Another option would be to use an online service such as Discord, Skype, Google Hangouts, or if you're inclined to use a Mumble Server that way you can get per user audio channels. Saves a ton of headache when you need to fix "that one guy."

• @randall-lac said in Podcast:

I think it'd be worthwhile to redo the Louisville Anime Community's cast which I think was like, edition 3, and then disappeared.

Yeah, I think that was right after we moved to a new platform and lost episodes 1-3, which were honestly pretty shitty in terms of quality. I don't think I was involved with that episode either and the folks who did it didn't have the technical know-how to make it sound good.

• We did it in a coffee shop off Baxter/Bardstown Rd, which got progressively more full and had music playing.
    Andy was the NL rep, Amber came in right at the end. I think Alfred and maybe one other came in for my side after it was done. There was a group photo that wasn't used. The coffee shop people were serving us death glares for interrupting.
    The handheld recorder was picking up all sorts of BG noise, including I think sirens off passing EMS. Things were smaller, we hadn't discussed the questions beforehand to be prepared for them, couple questions on the underbelly of the worldwide anime community were cringe-inducing. We're not corporately about that sort of thing, we're about building members up, sharing resources and activities, creating opportunities.

It was quick and dirty. Being that it's gone I think everyone involved is in a better place to do a do-over. We've got more to be able to talk about.

Just let me know when to set up something.

• Again, the NL podcast (as far as I know) is now defunct. Someone would need to take up the mantle and clear it with the El Presidente, @Jonathan-Meadows.

• @jonathan-meadows said in Podcast:

We're definitely interested in relaunching the podcast. We bought some additional mics so gear isn't an issue. We have a full setup, we just need someone to take that project on.

^ as he said above, looking to relaunch. So what I said was in relation to that.
    Provided I had a location (or online), and a NL person I could record it myself, I just don't feel comfortable committing to doing that regularly.

My car got totaled by a deer yesterday, so +1 to stuff on plate.

• Board Member

Most of the current Nerd Louisville board doesn't have that kind of time either, and if we do a podcast again, we'd really need it to be a regular thing in order for it to be worthwhile.

My hope is that eventually we'll find someone to partner with that wants to produce a regular podcast that can do it up like @Mike use to and have it be professional and high quality

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.