Back to Basics!!

• Who is interested in a basic D&D game? I'm talking original, non advanced Dungeons and Dragons right out of the box!? I had a blast running Isle of dread for SYR, but I'm looking to do some not so serious D&D back when elves were had class, not just a race. Weekend play available only, preferably at Heroes... come hear the tales of high adventure!

• I'd totally be up for this if I weren't in so many games already.

• This post is deleted!

• @Matt

What edition are you looking to play? I've always wanted to play a pen and paper RPG, but never had anyone in my old town that wanted to play. I'm looking to find a group since it seems Louisville has a huge gaming community.

• @Dadacham said in Back to Basics!!:

@Matt

What edition are you looking to play? I've always wanted to play a pen and paper RPG, but never had anyone in my old town that wanted to play. I'm looking to find a group since it seems Louisville has a huge gaming community.

Have you never played tabletop RPGs at all? In addition to Matt's game, which I assume will use the Basic red box for the edition, you should check out the various RPG nights around town.

We do Friday Night RPGs, Slur Your Role where you can play D&D and other games. And then there is also the various D&D Adventurer's League games.

• @Mike

No I have never played one. I watch and listen to a ton of podcasts and tabletop stuff on twitch so i get the majority of the rules and styles, but I'm ready to hop in on a game. I'll have to try and make it over to one of the weekly events and get in on one. Do you usually have to come with a character ready or can you make one there? I have one in mind for 5e but I'm not to sure how many points I am alloted for the skills and profeciencies and the like.

• @Dadacham said in Back to Basics!!:

@Mike

No I have never played one. I watch and listen to a ton of podcasts and tabletop stuff on twitch so i get the majority of the rules and styles, but I'm ready to hop in on a game. I'll have to try and make it over to one of the weekly events and get in on one. Do you usually have to come with a character ready or can you make one there? I have one in mind for 5e but I'm not to sure how many points I am alloted for the skills and profeciencies and the like.

Do you own a Player's Handbook?

• @Mike

I do.

• For the Multiverse games that are run at NL events, you can follow the rules in the MV Conventions (posted here) to create a character.

For @Matt's Basic game, obviously, you'll need to find out how he wants to create characters, which could vary dramatically.

• @Mike

That's exactly what I was looking for thank you.

• Since there is such great demand for 5e, I'm good with molding old adventures to fit 5e. If you want to bring your 5e character to the next Friday night gaming at heroes, I'm sure either I or someone we know can get you in. Meet us at heroes around 7- 730 pm!
    Thanks!

• @Matt I see it's been a while since you posted this but I have found and accepted my inner grognard and I'm up for some b/x d&d

• @blacksheep sorry man I have a VERY full 5e game every other Saturday now.

• @blacksheep I'm a mega noob, but i would be down in starting a game.

Looks like your connection to Nerd Louisville Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.